Some Newbie Questions...

Urvabara

Hi!

I am using Video/Audio TS (*.ts) and the following TS Format Options: "Teletext", "DVB Subtitle" and "All Audiochannels". Some newbie questions following...

1. I am using Media Player Classic 6.4.9.0 to watch ts-files. How can I see the DVB Subtitles? How can I see the Teletext?

2. Should I choose "DVD Packet Size" in DVBViewer Recorder-settings, if I want to burn these recordings to DVDs? What does the "DVD Packet Size" really do? I already recorded the pilot episode of MacGyver without "DVD Packet Size". It this bad?

3. The File Name Scheme is %date_%time_%station_%event. For example, "03-24_16-33-01_Subtv_Ihmemies MacGyver.ts". I would like to see the year in the filename. For example, "2007-03-24_16-33-01_Subtv_Ihmemies MacGyver.ts". Can DVBViewer do this?

4. Will DVBViewer record my programs even if DVBViewer isn't turned on?

Edited by Urvabara

4. If you use the "recording service", it does :) (as long as no encrypted channels are to be recorded!) There is a thread around how to use.

3. Options => Recorder, Recordings (?), there the name can be set

2. No, not bad. Usually you should use ProjectX for demuxing and some programm like IFOEdit for muxing and generating a DVD image, there this should be fixed. I don´t know wether this the DVD packet size is important anyhow. I have it turned on anyway.

1. no idea

1.I do not know i use DVBViewer for Playback.

2. "DVD Packet Size" split big DVB data parts in to 2 KB pieces what is more DVD like.

Which allows to play it with a few more player. But to create DVD you should use ProjectX.

3. Try 2007-%date_%time_%station_%event you have to change it only on time per year.

4. If you only want that the PC is started from hibernate/standby and the DVBViewer is started to record.

You should use DVB Task Scheduler because the "recording service" is not the best for beginners (for example you could not start the DVBViewer while a recording is running).

But only use recording service or Task Scheduler not both.

1.I do not know i use DVBViewer for Playback.

2. "DVD Packet Size" split big DVB data parts in to 2 KB pieces what is more DVD like.

Which allows to play it with a few more player. But to create DVD you should use ProjectX.

3. Try 2007-%date_%time_%station_%event you have to change it only on time per year.

4. If you only want that the PC is started from hibernate/standby and the DVBViewer is started to record.

You should use DVB Task Scheduler because the "recording service" is not the best for beginners (for example you could not start the DVBViewer while a recording is running).

But only use recording service or Task Scheduler not both.

Hello !

I think Tjod means 2 Gigabyte here.

If your Player supports MPG on ISO = Dtata DVD this is the maximum for this file system.

So it can be possible that MPG from DVBViewer < 2GIG will be played.

Hence for kompatibility reasons I prefer real Video-DVD as described:

ProjectX od PCAstrumento

cutting (muxing) with

Cuttermaran or MPEg2Schnitt (MPEG2Cut)

and than

IFO Edit or a

REAL DVD Authoring Programm like

TDA = Tsunami DVD Author, DVDLAb,DVDauthor etc.

my comments :)

1. try VLC for dvb_subtitles

2. "DVD Packet Size" only applies if you record in mpeg. TS is always a stream of 188 byte transport_packets

..as I said, dvd_packet_size only applies for mpeg programme streams. IMHO the idea behind is to make the packet size equal the physical sector size of a dvd :)

Note: DVD discs contain 2064 bytes of information per sector, divided as follows: ID (4 bytes), IEC (2 bytes), CPR_MAI(6 bytes), user data (2048 bytes) and error detection code (EDC) (4 bytes).

from

http://www.dvdforum.org/DVD_Cutting_Master/CMF-DVD-3.htm

@bergh

Please stop Quot hole posts!

Sir ?

Yes Sir ! :)

No it is max 2 KB. It splits not the file it is inside the file structure (here).

Arrggghhh ! O.K. I mixed some values here.

You fooled me with 2kB.

Normally DVD Packet Size is given in 2048 (as Derrick stated it).

In opposition to Total Packet Size ~2358 and VCD/SVCD Packjet Size = 2324 bytes.

Nervertheless my < 2 GIG statement for Splitting Records and ISO DVD is still valid,

hence it has nothing to do with the Packet Size we are talking about here.

Is it possible to burn the Teletext to DVD so that any (?) Video DVD player can handle it?

no, at least not in a simple straightforward operation. Teletext is character based though you'll see graphics as well. You have to convert the rendered pages into a kind of slide show to play it on a dvd standalone. Only teletext subtitles can be integrated into the dvd files (vobs) by an authoring tool.

With S-VHS (Super VHS) it is possible to watch also Teletext pages. I was just wondering, if it is also possible with DVD. Thanks again, guys.

Edited by Urvabara
Only teletext subtitles can be integrated into the dvd files (vobs) by an authoring tool.
There is no problem to integrade also dvb subtitles into the dvd, not only teletext subs.

But I understand that Urvabara wants to see recording dates weather forecasts, news and footbal results later from his DVD, I doubt that any DVD player supports normal teletext pages.