Context Sensitive Record Button

charlieram

Hi, Great software But....

Would it be possible to make the record button do different features depending on what OSD screen is visible/active at the time?

so while viewing live TV it would toggle record/stop record of current program in EPG/Timeline but use inteligent time so if started at 11:58 it would record until program starting at 12 finishes, It would only stop and unschedule currently viewed channel.

While in EPG/timeline it could Toggle sceduled recordings on and off and possibly even implement 'Find More' feature for series record.

In recordings window it would activate 'Find More' Feature depending on program name.

On All other windows it could be inactive or take you to Recorded window.

I think these would make great software even better, I look forward to your response. :bye:

Does this mean The powers that be don't think this is a good idea? :robot:

Thats a bit dissapointing because i think it would make a big difference in the usability and less ear ache from the other half. How do you determine if a feature gets implimented or not and do you normally post replies as to why or not they are used?

I agree BIG STYLE - even something as simple as the record button toggles the recording on/off would be a welcome improvement.. To what really is an outstanding piece of software.

Well, the so called "powers to be" have to think of all possibilities (and usecases) and in this light most of the wishes are nice but impractical.

It would only stop and unschedule currently viewed channel.

I have two overlapping timers on this channel, it stops both? bad idea. I see something on a channel where a timer is running and decide I want to do a quick and short sequence manual recording of something I like to have separate and my timer only stops. Also bad idea.

While in EPG/timeline it could Toggle sceduled recordings on and off and possibly even implement 'Find More' feature for series record.

Use OSD-Blue and "find more" (or something like this).

On All other windows it could be inactive or take you to Recorded window.

Why would I do this? I see something in the little TV window while in the OSD and want to start instant recording, so I press record. What would I want on the record page or worse doing nothing? And if I'm done whit what I was doing I go and adjust the instant timer in the timers page (btw the timerdialog needs big time remodelling :bye: ).

In recordings window it would activate 'Find More' Feature depending on program name.

Find more in recordings or in EPG?

so while viewing live TV it would toggle record/stop record of current program in EPG/Timeline but use inteligent time so if started at 11:58 it would record until program starting at 12 finishes,

Start recording and adjust time of instant timer in the timers page. Mucho more flexible.

The recordbutton is for starting and stopping instant (=manual) recordings only with good reason. :robot:

ATM I have 5 timers running, 3 coming up in the next 10-20 minutes and the only way to manage this stuff ist via the timer OSD page, because I don't have all the time an overview which timers are scheduled or running (my timers are generated automatically via tvinfo).

all i want is an easy way to start stop recording of the currently viewed channel (used tuner) you could map a diffent key and then I could asign that to my remote record button. if i press record all i want it to do is record the channel being viewed by the current tuner in use and if i press it again then stop that sceduled recording even if it was scheduled using timeline/EPG (This is the big issue for me). in EPG/timeline window it would be nice to be able to toggle between RECORD ONCE/RECORD ALL (using find more)/CANCEL RECORDINGS.

Thank you for the reply but is there anyway to even impliment it as an option that you can enable this feature? I would be more than happy to test it for you :robot::bye:

all i want is an easy way to start stop recording of the currently viewed channel (used tuner) you could map a diffent key and then I could asign that to my remote record button.

you can define the show timer osd as a user defined input command in the options and stop the timer there. I see no easier way to stop a timer because of the above said (multiple timers per channel). :robot:

If you have another suggestion to implement this in a way covering all possible uses (and not only your special case!) I'm happy to consider and if somehow possible implement it. :bye:

ATM I have 5 timers running, 3 coming up in the next 10-20 minutes and the only way to manage this stuff ist via the timer OSD page, because I don't have all the time an overview which timers are scheduled or running (my timers are generated automatically via tvinfo).

What do you mean by 5 timers running? 5 tuners recording 5 things at the same time or 5 recordings scheduled on one tuner? if its 5 tuners then can you not just stop the tuner which is being used for viewing, if it is the latter then again stop the recording that is currently being viewed.

I have this running on my media PC under the TV, It is used by the whole family and sometimes someone may schedule a recording using timeline but then while watching they realise they dont want to watch it anymore but when they try to change channel it says 'no hardware available' (I have a DVB-T and DVB-C card), the scheduler is too complicated for my wife and kids, so they just end up restarting the PC! Maybe another option would be to let the channel change occur on second press?

I'm sure I can't be the only person who has this problem or wants this feature implementing :robot: