Dvb Viewer Hangs...

actpower

Hi!. I recently purchased DVBViewer, and the first look are fantastic, good work with it!.

Unfortunally, strange errors appears. From the first tests that I done, DVBViewer stop (hangs). This force to me to manually stop the program, and execute again. These stops are totally random. May appear seconds after execute, or whe switch to another channel, or several minutes, o not. But usually, the hang appears.

A thing that surprise me, is that I have recording a program and the hangs appear, the record continues!!!. So, I can think that maybe a problem of display the screen or something else. My computer it´s powerfull (Dual Opteron Dual Core, 4GB RAM, Geforce 7900) so these cannot be the problems in a first look.

Can any help me?. Maybe the drivers can do something?. I´m running DVBViewer under Windows XP x64 version.

Greetings!

Mmh, your support.zip is rather incomplete, so it's impossible to understand what's happen with your installation...

Try to rebuild the supporttool's file (it must contain at least a dozen of files) and repost it...

;)

Edited by Gioxy

...again an incomplete support.zip ;) : DVBViewer.log is missing...

but:

From Systeminfo.txt:

Elecard MPEG-2 Video Decoder: 00800001 (File is missing)

Elecard Layer II Audio Decoder: 50000000 (File is missing)

From setup.xml:

<section name="MPEG">

<entry name="Videocodec">Moonlight-Elecard MPEG2 Video Decoder</entry>

...as you can see, your PC have a DirectX problem (so not a DVBViewer one)...

Try to:

• set "MainConcept MPEG Video Decoder" as MPEG Video Decoder

or

• reinstall Elecard codecs

or

• uninstall *and* unregister all Elecard codecs (regsvr32 /u [codec_file_name])

Other *possible* problematic issues can be:

• Nero codecs installed

• SB Audigy 4 drivers

• Windows XP x64 version

After the main problem is solved, to try to get the best you can also try to:

• reapply *last* "DirectX 9.0c Redist" for your language

• set "Default DirectSound Device" as "Audio Renderer"

• unset "Detect Video" & "Detect Audio"

• set "Use Audiofilter for visual and Equalizer..."

;)

Well...I change that you say, and for now works perfectly :-). The only problem it´s that I cannot modify the settings for the MPEG2 decoder (currently Mainconcept). I access to the window of the decoder but it´s inactive.

What MPEG2 decoder it´s the better in your opinion?

Another Question: I try to save a .ts stream with caption data (Subtitles), but VLC and Media Player Classic cannot "see" it. I try to play the .ts with DVBViewer and play very fast ( :-?) and no subtitle data it´s recorded (!!)

Thanks for all!!!

I cannot modify the settings for the MPEG2 decoder
Every codec is different... maybe you can add/change some setting in the windows registry, but is up to you to find how...

What MPEG2 decoder it´s the better in your opinion?
It's depending on many things, there is always a struggle upon this matter...

Actually the best for you graphic card seems to be the one that came with PowerDVD7 and NVidia PureVideo...

Another Question: I try to save a .ts stream with caption data (Subtitles)...
Search on this forum, there are various tread about this subject...

;)

Every codec is different... maybe you can add/change some setting in the windows registry, but is up to you to find how...

It's depending on many things, there is always a struggle upon this matter...

Actually the best for you graphic card seems to be the one that came with PowerDVD7 and NVidia PureVideo...

Search on this forum, there are various tread about this subject...

;)

Nvidia Purevideo it´s not free, it´s true?. At last, it´s what I read in the nvidia website...

About the settings of the Mainconcept codec, I can access to it trought Media Player classic and even Graphedit, but in DVBViewer apperars grey the part of the deinterlacing :-?.

Nvidia Purevideo it´s not free, it´s true?.

No, and also PowerDVD isn't free... but you ask me for the best MPEG decoder...

(however they aren't too much expensive...)

I can access to it trought Media Player classic and even Graphedit, but in DVBViewer apperars grey the part of the deinterlacing :-?.

"Normally" any setting you make to a codec config within a prog is stored in the registry and mantained for other prog, but it isn't always true... anyway I haven't Mainconcept codec, so I'm sorry but I can't know...

:rolleyes: