Convert

dardruba

I've got sport videos in .mpg format I've downloaded which are pixylated? due to an incorrect video decoder and look awful when played in WMP.

If I run these thru a converter eg MPG to AVI/Divx as suggested by a local techie will that program re code the video so it will play on WMP and I can put it onto dvd.

I have SS2 into DVBViewer GE and have progDVB as a standby.

When I installed a new version of progDVD I didnt know I had to reinstall their Elecard Video Decoder and activate it to the new version. My faulty videos stem from that time, I dont want to lose them or to spoil them in an experiment.

Just rectifying the Elecard reinstall caused me enough problems !!

As this batch of videos were not correctly coded by the Elecard Video Decoder would it recode the videos if I run them thru a MPG to AVI converter.

As the videos are sort of precious to me I dont want to spoil them by experimenting in ignorance.

Hence my newbie question to the Forum trying to explain what had gone wrong.

Since I got no response from progDVB I was hoping one of your geniuses might be able to answer my question and suggest a converter program or perhaps suggest an alternative method of recovering/restoring them.

I got the SS2 so I could record the full ski season's events. If your guys come back and say theres no way they can be recovered and to dump them then I may as well scrap the good ones recorded on DVBViewer, heartbreaking.