Technotrend S 1500

satviewer25

this card works perfectly with other software (e.g. Progdvb) but no hardware is found by DVBViewer. Note that I also have a nexus-s CI on the same PC.

I'm unable to install dba drivers for technotrend S1500.

I'm running XP home edition SP2.

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks

I'm unable to install dba drivers for technotrend S1500.

In order to get DVBViewer detect your card you _have_ to install the BDA driver!

Well, it is the normal driver installation procedure via device manager.

Just always take the path where you can manually specify the location of the driver's inf file and do not let windows search for a driver!

Note that I also have a nexus-s CI on the same PC.
This card does not work with the DVBViewer.

NEXUS doesn't... right! However satviewer25 asked for the Technotrend S 1500, and I guess he is referring to the Technotrend Budget S-1500.

There is also a rev. 1.5 of the TT-premium, but I do not think that he is referring to this one...

Edited by CiNcH

I thought there was also a FF 1500-s card. Well, maybe I was wrong.

Anyway. In this case this is definetely a hardware/driver question, so I would suggest taking it to the vendor/manufacturer. If there is a bda driver, it will most likely work with the DVBViewer.

And surely you did what every normal user would do and checked if the card will work with the DVBViewer before BUYING the DVBViewer Pro.

I thought there was also a FF 1500-s card. Well, maybe I was wrong.

That's right, it's revision 1.5 I was referring to. However, this one was very rare and was mostly only sold as a Galaxis OEM product. Hardly anybody got to know that it was a TT-premium 1500...

NEXUS doesn't... right! However satviewer25 asked for the Technotrend S 1500, and I guess he is referring to the Technotrend Budget S-1500.

There is also a rev. 1.5 of the TT-premium, but I do not think that he is referring to this one...

Yes, CiNcH you were right I was talking about the technotrend budget S-1500 with a CI.

before buing DVBViewer I'd checked on the web site that said that both technotrend budget (which is also known as hauppauge wintv nova-s ) and nexus (also known as skystar 1correct?) were supported by this software.

...nexus (also known as skystar 1correct?) were supported...

That's wrong. TechniSat has chosen a bad naming. The old SkyStar 1 is not supported. Like Hauppauge's NEXUS, the old SkyStar 1 is a TechnoTrend OEM product (TT-premium).

The new TechniSat SkyStar 1 CI is supported. This one is totally different compared to the TT-premium.

To cut a long story short... NEXUS is not supported by the DVBViewer.

Edited by CiNcH
That's wrong. TechniSat has chosen a bad naming. The old SkyStar 1 is not supported. Like Hauppauge's NEXUS, the old SkyStar 1 is a TechnoTrend OEM product (TT-premium).

The new TechniSat SkyStar 1 CI is supported. This one is totally different compared to the TT-premium.

To cut a long story short... NEXUS is not supported by the DVBViewer.

Thanks for clarification.

• 1 month later...