Asus A7N8X Deluxe and Skystar 2

Superwutze

Hello,

my Skystar 2 has been running on an MSI-Board (nForce) without problems, the OS was

XP home.

Now, my new Asus A7N8X Deluxe shows only one "unknown device" as a "raid-controller"

under XP.

Is it a problem of the board?

Thanks

Wolfgang

Guest Oliver
Now, my new Asus A7N8X Deluxe shows only one "unknown device" as a "raid-controller"

under XP.

Before or after the installation of the Technisat driver?

Bye, Oliver

Hi Superwutze,

maybe there is an IRQ/port conflict

try to insert the the SS2 in another motherborad's PCI slot...

Good luck!

Gioxy

@Oliver

Before or after the installation of the Technisat driver?

Before installing the driver. Trying to install oemsetup.inf caused an

'installation error'.

Bye

Wolfgang

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Superwutze

Have you resolved the problem?

I,m interested to purchase the same motherboard but I'm afraid that your problem would repeats itself.

I do'nt understand german so I could not follow up the thread mentioned in this forum.

Your advise is very much welcomed

For you the important parts translated by L&H Powertranslater:

It can occur under Windows 2000/XP that some drivers cannot be installed correctly for miscellaneous hardware because the driver installation appeared a mistake with the mistake news "during the appliance installation. The data are inadmissible. breaks off. Cause for this usually is a problem of the right award in the WIndows-Registry however, which can be solved with a few movements.

To this, you please start the widened registration editor regdt32 as well.

Under the key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Enum \

be a directory by the name of PCI. Mark this directory and open over the menu of processing => entitlement the dialogue field to the entitlement award. For the entry SYSTEM, you should admit both harvests as well as full access . Moreover the option should put back "entitlements under widen for this entry in all subordinate objects and should activate inheritable rights the spread" is deactivated. If necessary, you still now must copy the right after invitation.

The driver installation should go off after this intervention without incidents now.

cheers

Steffen