Dvb Texts On Normal Mpeg

TMT

I noticed yesterday that the only way to get DVB texts working in recorded TV-programs is to use .ts format stream.

However I'm using Pinnacle ShowCenter200 to view the recorded TV-programs so this is not a valid format

for me since it doesn't understand the .ts format.

I'm using Pinnacle 70e DVB stick to record the shows and Pinnacle DVB software is able to record

TV-programs in mpeg format with DVB texts. But the Pinnacle software is so lousy in all the other areas

(audio sync problems etc. etc.) so I had to buy DVBViewer and so far I have been very satisfied with it.

The new feature I'm requesting is that I could get these DVB texts overlayed on top of the normal mpeg.

The new feature I'm requesting is that I could get these DVB texts overlayed on top of the normal mpeg.

Probably impossible on-the-fly.

You would need to record .ts then demux with ProjectX or similar to extract the component streams then remux to combine whatever streams that you like. Mpg does not carry the text file. You need to add the text as .srt or similar as a subtitle that you can switch off and on in a DVD .vob file when you author to DVD.

If you are talking about subtitles, it is much simpler to just view them as you play the .ts file in DVBViewer.

Edited by dezzy