Hardware Not Found

vipersan

Hi friends ..

Hope someone can help me with this basic problem..

I recently purchased and installed the pro version of DVBViewer but on running the program I get the message no hardware avaialable

My Vision TV (Twinhan) pci card is installed on an sp1300 epia mini itx motherboard and I have no probs running the software that came with the card ...nor an old version of progdvb ...

Any ideas where I might have gone wrong ?

Perhaps I have downloaded the wrong software ?

The version I installed was DVBViewer pro 3.6

Added extra info which might help :-

Twinhan dvbs card is type 1022A

Operating system - windows MCE

& The card doesn't appear listed under 'Hardware' in DVBViewer..

rgds 2 all

Vipersan

Edited by vipersan
Hi friends ..

Hope someone can help me with this basic problem..

I recently purchased and installed the pro version of DVBViewer but on running the program I get the message no hardware avaialable

My Vision TV (Twinhan) pci card is installed on an sp1300 epia mini itx motherboard and I have no probs running the software that came with the card ...nor an old version of progdvb ...

Any ideas where I might have gone wrong ?

Perhaps I have downloaded the wrong software ?

The version I installed was DVBViewer pro 3.6

Added extra info which might help :-

Twinhan dvbs card is type 1022A

Operating system - windows MCE

& The card doesn't appear listed under 'Hardware' in DVBViewer..

rgds 2 all

Vipersan

are u using the latest BDA drivers for your dvb card? get those from http://www.twinhan.com/download_driver&software.asp

are u using the latest BDA drivers for your dvb card? get those from http://www.twinhan.com/download_driver&software.asp

Many thanks for the reply ...

I obtained and replaced the drivers as you suggested ...but still the hardware/twinhan remains invisible to DVBViewer..

I did replace the whole twinhan dtv application with the latest available ...and up popped the hardware in the DVBViewer list..

DVBViewer was then able to scan channels and produced pictures ...though not for long...as my pc then locked up completely ..

rebooted and tried again ...

same thing happened.

Obviously something is installed or registered by the twinhan application which DVBViewer needs in order to 'see' the sat card....but no idea what it might be.

...but something thats installed also locks the pc up and Im fairly convinced it isn't the drivers.

any thoughts ?

rgds

Vipersan

Many thanks for the reply ...

I obtained and replaced the drivers as you suggested ...but still the hardware/twinhan remains invisible to DVBViewer..

I did replace the whole twinhan dtv application with the latest available ...and up popped the hardware in the DVBViewer list..

DVBViewer was then able to scan channels and produced pictures ...though not for long...as my pc then locked up completely ..

rebooted and tried again ...

same thing happened.

Obviously something is installed or registered by the twinhan application which DVBViewer needs in order to 'see' the sat card....but no idea what it might be.

...but something thats installed also locks the pc up and Im fairly convinced it isn't the drivers.

any thoughts ?

rgds

Vipersan

Have u tried to use different codecs in DVBViewer settings. For me codecs did these kind of problems. Also try to change rendering mode from DVBViewer settings. Sorry that i cant give you exact info from where to change these settings but psu from my htpc got broke so i cant see the DVBViewer program for now.

• 4 weeks later...

I have same problem with terratec cinergy 1200C and DVBViewer pro software. I will try new terratec drivers an re install the PCI card.

Edited by samppa