Channel Scan Doesn't Work

spaltzer

Hi,

As of version 3.6.x when I scan channels DVBViewer find no channels. The channels I currently have are from a scan with an earlier version of DVBViewer.

This is with a FireDTV-C tuner.

Any ideas?

support.zip

Hi, have same error here... also same workaround :unsure:

just try the transedit programm... did you find the channels trough that???!

also can you find the channels with the mytheatre thats shipped with the firedtv ??? i can#t!!!

whats the firmware of your firedtv .. maybe its a hw problem??

Hmm, i ran some more tests and it's quite a miracle i have any channels at all. Nothing can scan channels now!

MyTheatre finds nothing

TransEdit finds nothing

DVBViewer finds nothing

I then updated the firmware of the FireDTV to 1.2.4 (the last nonbeta) and the BDA-drivers to 4.8.0 (also last one) but no change.

I don't think it's a hardware error (unless my FireDTV has gone bad or sumat) cause I could at one point scan channels with no problems and as I said I have no problem watching the channels allready in my channel list.

Anything else I could try (short of swinging a dead chicken over my head, cause that didn't help) ?

Edited by spaltzer

same here too!!

but i found channels in transedit... just look in my post: http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?...st&p=132643

the 2 links to videos... theres the miracle filmed...

just try to search a transponder in transedit a 2nd time after the first try... i had the error sometimes also that it than works...

to know on what transponders the channels are just look in the DVBViewer channel config of a channel and just notice what the values are... (qam, mhz, ...)

just enter the exact values in transedit and klick on the search frequenz button like i did...

also on my firedtv box are a strange firmeware... shipped out..

Model : FireDTV C/CI

GUID : 0x0012870036000EDE

HW Ver.: 01.36.02

FW Ver.: 1.2.4 Build 41010

Driver : 4.8.0

i have just downloaded the beta firmeware (1.2.7 41420) ... but i cant flash it.. the programm says not supportet...

ps: sometimes in mytheatre i find some "channels" they are not really channels ... search say eg. 22 found or updated... but in channel list there only hex codes and no video or audio comes when i click...

the first time i have installed the firedtv box on my pc the channel scan with mytheatre worked... after installing firedtv... nothing worked anymore... also i have reinstalled the whole OS ... nothing no channelscan ...

Edited by Steve1712

I don't get as far as you do with TransEdit. For me I don't get any channels to try to send to DVBViewer. This is both when I scan a single transponder known to have channels (transponder data copied from the channel info in DVBViewer of a previously tuned channel) and when I scan the whole list of transponders in the .ini-file.

Other then that it looks like we have the exact same problem.

I also get about 20 channels in MyTheatre that don't display video or have audio. They are named with just numbers.

When I scan channels the CI window pops up frequently. Sometimes it says "Module detached" and sometimes it says Conax 4.00e. This might not be significant since the scan doesn't find unencoded channels either.

My last scan that worked in DVBViewer is from 2007-02-01. From that point in time I have ran Windows update a couple of times and I'm starting to think that some windows-update released after that date killed the scanning abilities of FireDTV's. You mentioned that you reinstalled windows but that it didn't work anyway. Did you install all the windows-updates or did you settle for say Service Pack 2 before testing the scan?

I run Windows XP with SP 2 + updates

FireDTV-C

HW vers: 1.36.1

FW vers: 1.2.4 Build 35140

Driver vers: 4.8.0 BDA

TransEdit 3.0.5.0

DVBViewer 3.6.1.20

@spaltzer: Make sure that "Open Whole Transponder" is ticked on Options -> Hardware. I can see from your hardware.xml that it is not. The FireDTV hardware filters are not really usable, since buffering in the driver is not adjusted to the lower data rate. When you are scanning, the data rate of what is requested by DVBViewer is very low. Thus it can take a very long time until the first buffer is filled and delivered - too long for the scanner timeout.

When I scan channels the CI window pops up frequently. Sometimes it says "Module detached" and sometimes it says Conax 4.00e.

Did you already try it without CAM? Obviously there is some malfunction interfering with scanning. It doesn't need decrypting - all the service information tables are unencrypted.

@spaltzer: Make sure that "Open Whole Transponder" is ticked on Options -> Hardware. I can see from your hardware.xml that it is not. The FireDTV hardware filters are not really usable, since buffering in the driver is not adjusted to the lower data rate.

when i tick the "open whole transponder" i can do nothing anymore... after this option i became only a black window... no video/audio anymore... i definitly think that this option is not recommend with firedtv...

My last scan that worked in DVBViewer is from 2007-02-01. From that point in time I have ran Windows update a couple of times and I'm starting to think that some windows-update released after that date killed the scanning abilities of FireDTV's. You mentioned that you reinstalled windows but that it didn't work anyway. Did you install all the windows-updates or did you settle for say Service Pack 2 before testing the scan?

i can't remember if i installed any updates.... except the 2 what digitaleverywhere says that must be installed (the firewire and dvb update)! I installed winxp sp2 ...

scanning with firedtv never ever worked ... i have my channels from a scan with a digitalrise (mantis) dvb-c card...

what updates did you exactly installed since the scan worked???

today i have the change to test the firedtv box on another machine .... maybe i have some more infos after that...

I can actually scan now. Yay! :rolleyes:

In my case I think it was something with the FireDTV driver. Uninstalling it and installing it again did the trick. I have no idea why it worked this time because I did exactly the same thing when I updated the Driver just days earlier in an attempt to fix the scanning issues.

I tried yanking the CAM and exit the CI from the taskbar and checking the "open whole transponder" but that didn't help and then I reinstalled the driver as a last resort.

@Steve: I have my windows configured to install stuff automatically so I don't actually know what updates might have been installed. Then again, maybe that theory was wrong since I can scan now. You may want to try reinstalling the driver as that fixed it for me. I followed the instructions to the letter with uninstalling the FireDTV driver first then disconnecting the FireDTV, reconnecting it and installing the driver anew. I did also find some other people having problem scanning with FireDTV on the FireDTV forums here http://www.firedtv.com/Forums/tabid/311/vi...26/Default.aspx It didn't look like anyone has a solution over there though but could be good to monitor. I hope it works out for you too.

Edited by spaltzer

good for you...

will test it today at home...

uninstall drivers

disconnect firedtv from pc and power

connect firedtv

install driver....

did the scaning with mytheatre also works ???

what driver did you exactly installed? and what firmeware version of you firedtv dvb-c do you have??

steve

I have the following:

Windows XP with SP 2 + updates

FireDTV-C

HW vers: 1.36.1

FW vers: 1.2.4 Build 35140

Driver vers: 4.8.0 BDA

Conax CI

TransEdit 3.0.5.0

DVBViewer 3.6.1.20

I downloaded the driver and firmware from www.digital-everywhere.com. I used the driver that it's not bundled with MyTheatre. Here's a direct link to it: http://www.digital-everywhere.com/cms/en/c...p-3-1-Light.zip

And scanning now works in MyTheatre (version 3.33.8) as well.

Hope it works for you too.

Hi, there....

the firedtv scanning works on the laptop of my coworker....

but i have now a clue what the problem could be...

i will report in a few minutes after a reboot...

I had same problem with FireDTV-C and DVBViewer Version: V3.6.1.20.

I have used my old (saved) channel list since December 2006.

Every DVBViewer channel scan caused blue screen of death.

Problems started somewhere between December 2006 to April 25th 2007.

I have updated FireDTV Firmware to 1.24 build 35140 in January,

but my thoughts were that some of Windows XP automatic updates caused the problem.

I tested BDA Driver Version Number: 4.7.0 and 4.8 both without success.

What I did was:

I uninstalled Windows Update KB 929338 (March 16th, 2007).

I downgraded my FireDTV-C firmware to 1.22 Build 33720.

Reinstalled BDA Driver 4.8

Now my channel scan works.

I am not sure KB929338 was causing the problem, but after uninstallation, mouse and keyboard didn't work anymore.

On next boot Windows found almost every device connected to computer again and DVBViewer didn't show any picture at all.

Then I downgraded FireDTV Firmware and after next reboot picture was back and channel scan worked.

I hope this will help someone.