Infosat Message Poll

Benarty

Do you find Infosat messages on the OSD acceptable?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Infosat messages annoying?

• No cause I have disabled OSD
    • No cause I have disabled EPG
    • No, I see the messages but they don't bother me
    • Yes, I they are disturbing but I will disable OSD or EPG
    • Yes, disturbing and want to stick with OSD /EPG

Note: I rather avoid polls but this seems a good reason to start one.

So it's or NO, or Yes.

Solution in case of Yes is to add a switch in the options to select show infosat messages or not so that epg info is still received, only the osd messages muted.

Comments appreciated.

Edit : Image added: look at the top of this image, i nthis case older DVBViewer image,

This bar (blue in this case)appears as soon when a channel is selected and pop's up frequently untill all infosat messages are downloaded.

This bar IS placed by the DVBViewer software.

post-28531-1177417461.jpg

Edited by Benarty

I think I haven't never seen these Infosat msgs (I'm using MHW to receive the EPG), as probably many other users...

Perhaps an image would be explanative...

Although that, my vote is for DVBViewer to be as flexible and "optionable" as it is possible, so welcome switch! :unsure:

;)

Ok added, I wonder, it's only shown with DVBViewer, not any other DVB software so conculsion is that the OSD message is placed there by DVBViewer.

Ah, is similar to the one that appear for some second at the end of MHW download...

In that case I would greatly prefer a loud sound alert and a OSD pop-up that remain there until a "Ok" button is pressed...

...so that's another option that is to be added to the switch... :unsure:

;)

Ah, is similar to the one that appear for some second at the end of MHW download...

In that case I would greatly prefer a loud sound alert and a OSD pop-up that remain there until a "Ok" button is pressed...

...so that's another option that is to be added to the switch... :rolleyes:

:bye:

Well, look at the basics of TV viewing, this OSD bar is annoying and someone here is complaining is asking to change software all the time. Disabling MHW and EPG ios not the solution , just an option in the options menu to switch off MHW OSD but keep on receiving epg ..so, receive it but I don't want any signal in case it fails cause if it fails, then I sure will see it in the timeline etc... if timeline is missing data then it means that DVBViewer did not receive epg data at all.

Oh, I still did not test it with sound on ..go figure, I('ve installed DVBviewre few eeks..months ago and it's still not used as mediacenter just for this. The reason for the poll is ..;I wonder that nodidy else has the problem.

The popup shows every infosat day... starting /finishing and et the end indeed a confirmation that the download is ready.

edit: weird , or nodody participates in the poll or ther's a problem with the poll counter.

Edited by Benarty
I wonder that nodidy else has the problem

well, as you know this msg appear only with some specific channel, that for you, perhaps, can be the majority, but that for me are no one...

Instead, to dwnld the EPG via MHW here in Italy we have to tune a specific (and absolutely unsignificant for other use) radio channel (so stopping viewing any TV), and wait from 2 to 4 min: you have to remain glaring the black video to see (for too few sec) the bar that confirm the dwnld... otherwise you can't know if it's completed or not...

So very distant point of view, but IMHO we can togheter ask for a switch (or better a options list) to set what to do with this bar (and maybe with some sound: have you ever heard the music that Nero play when it finish to burn? Oh, I like so much! :rolleyes: )

:bye:

Benarty,

there is a pretty easy way to get rid of these messages without loosing MHW functionality.

Use the OSD skineditor tool written by Lars and open the videoinfo page from the Default OSD folder.

Remove the field that is called #Info and Infosat/MHW messages won't display anymore.

So my answer to your poll would be:

No, because I got rid of the annoying window....

regards

Benarty,

there is a pretty easy way to get rid of these messages without loosing MHW functionality.

Use the OSD skineditor tool written by Lars and open the videoinfo page from the Default OSD folder.

Remove the field that is called #Info and Infosat/MHW messages won't display anymore.

So my answer to your poll would be:

No, because I got rid of the annoying window....

regards

Now I have started a problem description of this topic before , I could not find this reply .

if it works then poll becomes obsolete ...will test it asap.