Dvbviewer And Video Recorder Plugin Both Record Bad Files

nomis1804

On the BBC HD channel I can watch programmes fine but when I try to record a programme from (as a .ts file) the audio track will be messed up. This happens with both DVBViewer's internal recorder and the Video Recorder plugin.

Recording as .mpg will produce zero byte files.

The ac3 recorder on the video recorder plugin works fine.

Opening the recorded .ts file in ProjectX gives the errors (note that the audio should be AC3):

Normal GOP size too big errors (nothing different there) then:

--> MPEG Audio (0xC0) on PID 0x90F

-> check CRC of AC-3 / MPEG-Audio L1,2

-> delete CRC in MPEG-Audio Layer1,2

-> add frames

Audio PTS: first packet 04:01:17.264, last packet 04:01:28.912

-> adjusting audio at its own timeline

!> missing syncword @ 0, @ 00:00:00.000

!> PTS without a frame (1536/1537)

!> PTS without a frame (3072/3073)

!> PTS without a frame (4608/4609)

!> PTS without a frame (6144/6145)

!> PTS without a frame (7680/7681)

!> PTS without a frame (9216/9217)

!> PTS without a frame (10752/10753)

!> PTS without a frame (557568/557569)

!> PTS without a frame (559104/559105)

audio frames: wri/pre/skip/ins/add 0/0/0/0/0 @ 00:00:00.000 done...

!> no Audio found on this stream data...

summary of created media files:

=> 0 bytes written...

-> we have 368 warnings/errors.

I am using a WinTV HVR-4000 and DVB-S to pick up the channel.

I would appreciate any help.

EDIT: uploaded support tool zip in case that helps

support.zip

Edited by nomis1804
Opening the recorded .ts file in ProjectX gives the errors (note that the audio should be AC3)

pjx can't handle H.264. As far as I can see there's nothing wrong with DVBViewer and bbc_hd provided you have the right decoders and enough processing power :rolleyes:

I know, I usually use it for demuxing the AC3 channel from H264 broadcasts which always works fine. Not forgetting the fact that it wont play properly either...

About processing power and decoders - I have everything set up perfectly, I can play recorded broadcasts from last week with no problems.

I dont think this one is totally application related, the bbc have changed their encoding parameters in the last few days, i tried a test with the same hardware a technotrend 3200 with a couple of applications both with single channel operation and the whole transponder, i also tried it with my dreambox which is capable of capturing bbc hd though not playing it back, the results seems the same there is a problem with the audio PTS, however i can play it back ok via core and haali in mpc, there are changes however, so bear this in mind.

About processing power and decoders - I have everything set up perfectly, I can play recorded broadcasts from last week with no problems.

How can that be? According to your support.zip you've set up nothing in particular. Everything is set to system default which is not necessarily the best choice (some will say it's the worst choice;) )

..about bbc_hd. Here everything is cool and the story about strange audio_PTS is imho just a rumour. The parameters have changed. Dunno when, but the horizontal resolution used to be 1440 which is now the common 1920 (1920x1088). With the cyberlink7 decoder I get excellent results ;)

How can that be? According to your support.zip you've set up nothing in particular. Everything is set to system default which is not necessarily the best choice (some will say it's the worst choice;) )

..about bbc_hd. Here everything is cool and the story about strange audio_PTS is imho just a rumour. The parameters have changed. Dunno when, but the horizontal resolution used to be 1440 which is now the common 1920 (1920x1088). With the cyberlink7 decoder I get excellent results ;)

hmm strange rumour that shows up on 2 separate pieces of hardware, I havent got a problem on playback at least on the pc, but i bet if a close look is taken at the transport stream, i bet the audio pts is missing or obfuscated, I have a couple of tools for checking the offset, both are now failing with cant find errors, so something has changed.

I forgot to mention that the secondary audio has correct PTS data so whatever is the "strangeness" its specific to the primary ac3 track.

Edited by zarqy

Well, I don't watch the demo loops all the time but I never had any problems with corrupted audio_PTS. Alas my information about possible changes of the H.264 stream was not correct. Due to a parameter change in the headers DVBViewer couldn't read the actual resolution and took a default value instead. The horizontal resolution still is 1440 pixels.

• 2 weeks later...

Something has definitely changed with BBC HD. I’ve used the fix for AC3 but the TS stream that I used to be able to convert to XVID with Mediacoder to use on my Show Center can no longer be converted. Mediacoder does not like the file, neither does TSconverter (it Crashes).

I tried the new DVBViewer version 2.8.5 but that just messed up the display , so that I was permanently zoomed to the top left corner of the picture.

Any clues ?

P.S.

Using DVBViewer v3.6.2.1.(beta) and cyberlink H264

What is the date of your recording? There are a couple of things that can be the reason. The wrong ac3_pes_packet_start_code should be set correctly by the fixer. The new source filter can't be a solution for your problem, cos it deals with the DVBViewer playback and is not involved with your converting tools.

If your tools require a valid PMT, you could be in trouble if you didn't update your channel settings, cos the pmt_pid has changed. Try again with a new recording after a fresh channel scan. Alas no remedy for your old recordings if that solves your problem.

What is the date of your recording? There are a couple of things that can be the reason. The wrong ac3_pes_packet_start_code should be set correctly by the fixer. The new source filter can't be a solution for your problem, cos it deals with the DVBViewer playback and is not involved with your converting tools.

If your tools require a valid PMT, you could be in trouble if you didn't update your channel settings, cos the pmt_pid has changed. Try again with a new recording after a fresh channel scan. Alas no remedy for your old recordings if that solves your problem.

The last stream I was able to convert successfully was Superstorm ep2 (22 April). Episode 3 a week later could not be converted. I then reinstalled XP completely.

I did as you suggested, and carried out a channel scan today, although I’ve done it several times this month. Mediacoder doesn’t crash anymore but it doesn’t produce an XVID either. It recognises the audio correctly but sees the BBC HD video only as PID 2318 whereas the last working recording of Superstorm ep2 is recognised as PID 2318:h264.

Elecard Xmuxer finds no audio. TSconverter still crashes.

Well this is a TEST channel. As we were told, parameters will change without notice and sometimes there will be not correct parameters. So simply don't rely on anything. Don't complain if something doesn't work. Relax and enjoy the show if it works B)

As we were told, parameters will change without notice and sometimes there will be not correct parameters.

hmm, who told whom? B):)

Test channnels are there to seduce the viewers to buy nice and expensive equipment ;) A change of the dvb_program_settings is a normal thing. The DVBViewer is able to follow these changes without any further actions by the user. But you have to check "Automatic Channel Data Update". Unluckily the checkbox is tucked away at a rather remote place in the options -> TV + Radio. From my experience it is recommended to delete and renew the setup.xml after updating to the latest beta version cos I had checked the auto update but it didn't work.

That other 3rd party tools can't handle the BBC HD TS_stream lies outside the responsibility of the DVBV :D