crop function

linusalba

Hi, I think a useful feature could be "crop" vertical image.

When I watch a movie in window i have two black bars on top and bottom of image (this is because the movie is 16:9 broadcasted in 4:3). It would be nice to crop them. It’s not like pan&scan in zoom window. I would like to crop black bars keeping right aspect ratio.

Bye, Marco

You mean that if an 16:9 film is running, the mainwindow also have a 16:9 ratio and not 4:3 with borders?

Guest Oliver
I would like to crop black bars keeping right aspect ratio.

Well, cropping the black bars would result in new black bars. :angry::DB) I believe you think of vertical resizing of the DVBViewer-window. That would be the only possibility to remove the black bars. But I don't think it's possible, because you'd have to recode the stream, as long as it's not anamorphic, where the black bars are "artificial". With normal 16:9 the black bars belong to the stream-data.

Bye, Oliver

I would like to crop black bars keeping right aspect ratio.

...I believe you think of vertical resizing of the DVBViewer-window. That would be the only possibility to remove the black bars....

Right, this is what I'd like, resizing of the DVBViewer-window. I don't need to see in DVBViewer-window two "artificial" black bars. These bars are because the movie originally in 16:9 is broadcasted in 4:3.

Thanks to all, Marco