6mpeg-4 H.254 And Pinnacle Dual Hybrid Pro...

orcinus

Hi!

Sorry if this was mentioned somewhere before - i did use the search but couldn't find anything that would fix my problem.

I can't seem to decode any H.264 DVB-T channels, SDTV nor HDTV, properly, no matter what i do. The audio plays perfectly, both AAC and MPEG-2 but there's no video - only a gray screen.

That's using Pinnacle's H.264 Decoder. If i select the CoreAVC Video Decoder, the DVBViewer just freezes then crashes as soon as i switch to a H.264 channel.

With the Pinnacle decoder, everything seems ok up to the renderer, which simply isn't getting anything from the codec, it would seem (tried with all three, overlay mixer, VMR7 and VMR9, no dice).

I'm running Windows Vista, on an nForce 650i, Core 2 Duo based system, with a Pinnacle Dual Hybrid Pro tuner PCI-Express card. The graphics card is nVidia GeForce 8800, the detonator driver is the latest official beta. I don't have/use nVidia's PureVideo codecs.

Thanks for any/all help,

Ante Vukorepa

PS: Unrelated to this problem, the video seems to be extremely jaggy in the DVBViewer window, but it looks perfectly when it's full screen. Any clues as to what's causing this? I have NVidia VMR Fix switched on and OSD VMR HT Fix switched off (as it causes a nasty flicker / marching ants effect on sharp contrasted areas).

I just tried with a newer version of CoreAVC. That made it work, but the framerate is abysmal (the CPU's at 60% so that's not it) and it only works on HDTV channels. The SDTV channels have a completely scrambled image.

Edit: If i switch to an SDTV channel, then close DVBViewer, then open it, i get a normal image until i change to a different channel. Then it's screwed up again. Also, the SDTV channels have the same jittery low framerate as HDTV channels. The average is around 22 FPS.

Edited by orcinus