BBC HD Transport Stream

Ok, so I recorded Kill Bill on BBC HD in DVBViewer tonight and when I came to view the recording, it wouldn't play. TS player came up with an error that said something like "no valid Video/Audio stream". The data was there as the files were reading 12 GB in size and my settings haven't changed since I last succesfully recorded something off BBC HD. Have they changed some settings that prevents playback of recordings or is it just a temporary glitch? Many thanks for any info.

Gae

Apparently your channel settings are obsolete. You have to update BBC HD cos the pmt_pid has changed. Your recording contains a wrong pmt that's why you'll get this message. But you can still watch your broken recording with TSPlayer if you use the BBC HD Fixer and update to the latest TSPlayer and DVBViewer filter.

Thank you so much. I downloaded everything and TS reader is now reading the Transport Stream as before. It wasn't an AC3 issue after all because the sound came back eventually. I had audio but no video stream. Interestingly the audio stream is showing up in the TS Player as Mpeg Audio rather than AC3 stream. Problem solved now anyhow. Once again many thanks.

Gae

Edited by Gae41
  • 1 month later...

Do I understand correctly that I have to rescan for channels to solve the channel settings being obsolete? I am currently repairing a recording of 'Jackal' with BBC HD fixer, so I hope it works as I nearly deleted this 13Gb file in frustration! :P I'll test later to see if new recordings work OK as I'd like to record tomorrow's Wembley concert off BBC HD.

I have to say the later 3.6 version of DVBViewer seems much better than my original 3.5 version; I don't have to restart it 2-3 times to get it 'locked' onto BBC HD with the sound in sync. :blink:

EDIT: The repaired film 'The Jackal' works in TSPlayer, but I get sound only in DVBViewer....is this a permanent situation or is fix likely to be forthcoming? I like to use DVBViewer for playback due to it's memory of where you last stopped it...plus I find it easier to use. Also any new recordings have to be 'fixed'.

Edited by KelvinS1965