Help watching TV

ChriX

Hi all, was wondering if you could provide any help with using my Skystar2 DVB card to watch TV. It came with a Europe Online package ages ago, and I haven't used it since the EOL subscription ended, so I thought i'd connect the lot up again and see what I could do, only trouble is that i've forgotten just about everything to do with it.

The dish is still pointing at 19.2E and I have ~55% signal. I remember something about unlocking the card that I had to do ages ago, since then I have formatted my machine and the EOL CD hasn't been in since (seeing as i've lost it), so does this mean I can just use any software to watch some TV?

I've tried various programs and I can't seem to get anything to work, if anyone could point me to a guide for setting the lot up to get it working that would be great.

Any help appreciated! ;)

Guest Oliver

Because of the use of EON-software your card has been permanently locked, so that you are unable to use the card with other software than EOL. There are some patches and you will find much information here in the forum, just use the search function.

link 1

link 2

Bye, Oliver

Thanks, I never thought the software would actually alter the card, I thought I could rid myself of it by formatting my machine.

I don't suppose you could go over what I have to do in English - Can't read German ;)

I'm not going to need the EOL activation code am I - that's long gone. :(