Bad Exit

CoolKoon

Hi!

I bought DVBViewer Pro today, but unfortunately I've found the first bug. I also have another problem, but I don't know if it counts as a bug. So:

1. Upon exiting an error message pops up, which says "You DVB-APP (DVBViewer.exe 3.6.1.20) did not call MD-API's On_Exit method. Please contact to its author and tell him please do it. It is necessary to avoid crashes on exit. Thanks!". It happened t me two times, and for the first time, a Windows crash dump appeared. However it didn't appear for the secodn time. Could you tell me, why is it caused?

2. I have a satellite dish positioned for Astra 19.2°. I also have a satellite which finds all the x hundred digital TV stations you can get there. However when I connect the cable to my DVB-S card and run the DVBViewer's channel scan, it finds only 60 TV+radio channels, and it's also unable to change the channels to anyone from the premade list. Could you please tell me what's the problem with it?

MD-API is a plugin interface but DVBViewer has his own plugin interface.

So remove all plugins which are not from the Membersarea or this board http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/

and your first problem is solved.

If the second still exist support.zip is needed (Always follow these instructions. Otherwise no one can.......).

Ok, I'm still kinda new at this thing, so for now I just renamed the whole plugin directory to plugin.bak, and I'll return to it later :bye:

About the the other thing, well, I've attached the support.zip file, which has been created by the support tool. Also please note that I have a FlyDVB Trio card, from which I wanted to use mainly the DVB-S part in DVBViewer. Looks like someone has mentioned that my card works with the program (well, it apparently does). I've also tried some of the tips on this forum (for instance TransEdit tool, open whole transponder) with no luck. I also have another satellite set for Thor 2,3 & Intelsat 1002 but in its case the situation is a bit better (142 TV+Radio stations), but it can't find all the stations there either. Do you think there can be something done about it?

support.zip

It seems to be a DiSEqC problem the only topic i found was this.

taky has no success with DiseqC and on Griga trying to get a solution he got no answer.

So if nobody who has a FlyDVB Trio cooperate with Griga there will no support for DiseqC.

Well, actually the way I connected it was through my SAT receiver. It's a Humax brand custom-made for DigiTV (which you can get for free if you sell your soul to them for 1-2 years :) ). This receiver is connected to a DiseqC 2.0 switch, which has two satellite dishes connected to it: one for Astra 19.2° and one for Thor 2,3 & Intelsat 1002. So far I've only tried connecting my PC card to the SAT receiver with the "moderate" results listed above, and I've also tried connecting it to the switch - without success. So looks like you're right that DVBViewer can't handle the commands correctly, although some forums say that FlyDVB Trio does have DiseqC support, and it actually works. I'll try the TransEdit hack tomorrow and also connecting the card directly to the satellite dish (a bummer that it's dark now so I can't do it today.... :bye: ). Hope I'll find some more channels by using the direct connection....

Well, I'm here again and this time I found 1551 TV+radio channels, so there's nothing wrong with the card or the tuning part of the program I guess :) However the problem is that I did this by connecting the card diretly to the dish :bye:

However it's still strange that it found only 60 channels when I did it through the SAT receiver..........

Anyway I'll try the transedit thing later.

However it's still strange that it found only 60 channels when I did it through the SAT receiver..........

Not at all, simply only one receiver at a time can get the full control of the four band/polarization of a LNB (low/horiz, lov/vert, hi/horiz and hi/vert)....

Also for the future, and also if you don't connect your DVB card through the Sat reciver (ie you divide the dish cable with a "splitter" like this (click me), highly recomended to protect against the inverse current both the receiver), you can see from both only one band/polarization at a time...

:bye:

So you say that if I'd use a splitter like the one on your picture, I'd get the same low amount of channels? And what about those LNBs with 2 or more outputs? Do they have the same effect?

BTW I still can't make the switch work with DVBViewer, although I've tried out that TransEdit hack. Now I can watch even some premium channels (only those for which I can't get a subscription in my country :)), but I'd be very disappointed if I'd have to use a manual switch (even worse-build one myself....) :bye:

what about those LNBs with 2 or more outputs? Do they have the same effect?

If they are "Twin-output" or "Quad-output" LNBs (vs. "Dual LNB" and "Qaud LNB") the outputs are totally independent...

You can have a look here and here to dig more about LNBs...

:bye: