Demo: How To Use The Alarms

The time has come to explain the Alarms a little more. Basically the alarms are highly configurable timers (this has nothing to to with recording timers).

They can be fired single or in Intervals (Yearly, Monthly, Weekly, Dayly - these are all with a specific time and Hourly or per xx Minute).

When they're fired they can execute a script, execute a app, execute a Action, execute a function or open a OSD-Window.

They can be saved to the database. And you can store data with them.

Let's look at an example.

You want the TVInfo plugin to be startet every two hour, to import new timers.

The TVInfo Plugin has the Trigger ActionID 16384 setup in my system. How convenient, let's take advantage of it. :bye:

post-5310-1179127220_thumb.png

The above screenshot shows how to setup the timer. After selecting create Timer, the timer will be fired every 2 hour starting at 11:17 (because the starttime is in the past). Of course the Viewer has to be running.

You could also execute a script, let's say the epgupdater script. Note: scripts have to be in the scripts folder of the DVBViewer Pro.

The Alarms can be found in the DVBViewer HTPC menu -> Alarms. There you can enable/disable them or delete them.

Alarms_Demo_Source___bin.zip

Hmmmm

Now it seems to be possible to turn the DVBViewer PC into a radio bell (? was heißt den Radiowecker wirklich ?) or something like that.

Great :bye:

Uhm yeah, well I'm playing around with the VB Net express 2005. It was just to show, you don't need delphi, you can use something relative "simple" as VB to write programs for the COM interface.

But I have to confess, after playing around with VB, I'm not so sure about the "simple" :) I'll stick with delphi there is no need for the megatons download of some obscure runtime environment... :bye:

radio bell

You mean an alarm clock? :)

Well no it's not that easy cause the alarms can not wake the pc (yet) ;) you'd have to generate additionally a non recording timer for it and use the scheduler. Should be possible but not really easy. :bye:

BTW the sleeptimer plugin makes use of the alarms stuff. A thread about it inspired this demo yesterday evening.

Another thing. If there is need, I make a plain app without the NET stuff out of this demo.

• 4 weeks later...
The Alarms can be found in the DVBViewer HTPC menu -> Alarms. There you can enable/disable them or delete them.

How can you create a new alarm? In my installation, the list is empty, and there's no option for add them. I've searching menus and windows without a cue about it. I haven't also found your preview window.

How can you create a new alarm? In my installation, the list is empty, and there's no option for add them. I've searching menus and windows without a cue about it. I haven't also found your preview window.

Finally I got the solution: put the contents of the bin directory in DVBViewer root and launch Alarms demo.exe I'll try to make an script that get daily xmltv EPG and import it using MyXMLTV according to your workaround for spanish channels. If I sucess, I'll contribute it.