FireDTV and Technotrend 3200 in the same system

nicke_lilltroll

Maybe this isn´t possible at all, but i need to give it a try.

I´ve been using a FireDTV-T tuner with both DVBViewer and Windows MCE for a while and it works perfect.

Since a couple of weeks i also installed a Technotrend S2-3200 card for sat reception. This card works as good as it might

with it´s own software - TT-mediacenter. I mean it works alright but the software sucks!!

Therefore I like to use the DVBViewer for both cards. If I deactivate the FireDTV tuner, I can scan and tune in transponders from the TT-card, but when the FireDTV is activated it looks like it blocks all communication with the TT card when using DVBViewer. It´s still visible in the list of devices at the hardware settings, but when I do a scan I only get a couple of hits and they are actually from the FireDTV-t card!!!! I have tried to set the TT-card as "preferred" and the DTV-t card as "no use" but still the same result.

There is obviously no hardware conflict, cause FireDTV-t works with the MCE simutaniously as the TT-card works with it´s

TT-mediacenter.

Is DVBViewer supposed to handle two different cards at the same time or not?

Hope someone can shine some light over this issue.

You must be doing something very strange there... I have a Skystar HD (which is identically to your S2-3200) and two FireDTV-C devices running with DVBViewer as smoth as possible... :shifty:

You must be doing something very strange there... I have a Skystar HD (which is identically to your S2-3200) and two FireDTV-C devices running with DVBViewer as smoth as possible... :shifty:

In deed I am....... but what????

Options -> DirectX -> Audiorenderer back to default directsound device.

Hmmm........

I really cannot see how that should affect the transponder scanning operation......

The problem is that when I try to scan the TT- card, I get hits from the DTV-card, like providers that

is not supposed to be on that satellite distibution at all. It looks as if DVBViewer sets the DTV-card in priority even though the scan dialog says that I use the TT-card.

The problem is that when I try to scan the TT- card, I get hits from the DTV-card, like providers that

Nope the problem is a "know it all better" user :shifty: Just do as I said. trust me.

Nope the problem is a "know it all better" user :shifty: Just do as I said. trust me.

OK, with all your respect.... what do you mean..."the problem is a "know it all better" user"

I have done this over and over again.

Everything works as a charm as long as the DTV card is deactivated in the system-manager.

I get all the channels tuned in and running in HD and 5.1 and all. But as soon as i activate the DTV card

it´s down the drain again.

I have also reinstalled the DVBViewer, did not matter.

(Just to let know....Audiorenderer is set back to default directsound device. Doesn´t matter)

what do you mean...

Just as I said it.

(Just to let know....Audiorenderer is set back to default directsound device. Doesn´t matter)

If this would have been in the post instead of

I really cannot see how that should affect the transponder scanning operation......

i would investigate this further, but I don't wast anymore of my spare time :shifty:

Just as I said it.

If this would have been in the post instead of

i would investigate this further, but I don't wast anymore of my spare time :shifty:

I really appreciate that someone takes their time trying to help out others with their problems,

but I don´t like when I´ll get treated like some idiot.

OK my quote: "I really cannot see how that should affect the transponder scanning operation......"

maybe came out a little bit wrong, but the fact is, it did not have anything to do about this.

One way or another, I think I´m gonna solve this problem without any rude comments.