unicast streaming

schumi4ever

okay - here are my settings in the dvb server -

dvbserver1.JPG

and the settings in the dvb client -

dvbclient.JPG

it just isn't working. what am i doing wrong?

Edited by schumi4ever

did that, no difference :)

it works fine in multicast.

the server is working, if i do command prompt and netstat - an, it's listening for a client connection,

but i cannot get the client to pick up the stream at all, i just dont understand why.

any ideas?

Edited by schumi4ever
Oh DVBServer, please put the Port 4012 in there again. And set the state of the unicast device to normal not "do not use".

done that,

still made no difference.

i got it working in command prompt, using telnet function, obviously because it couldn't interpret video, it streamed the video as data. I just can't get it working using the DVBViewer program, there must be a reason!

i also dont understand why my version of DVBViewer looks different - to the one in the manual, under the how to network stream topic. though this shouldnt make any difference.

Edited by schumi4ever
  • 2 weeks later...

What version of DVBServer is that? It looks very different to my 3.6.1.20 (the current version).

I could only get Unicast streaming working when I was setting it up last year. Multicast wouldn't work for me. Unicast works very well indeed now.

It's the netstreaming plugin not the dvbserver.

Multicast wouldn't work for me. Unicast works very well indeed now.

Why would you need multicast, if unicast runs?

It's the netstreaming plugin not the dvbserver.

Why would you need multicast, if unicast runs?

UNicast is fine it's just that I tried setting up multicast first & it didn't work.

What is the advantage/disadvantage of using the Netstreaming plugin versus DVBServer?

Netstreaming plugin always streams what the DVBViewer shows -> clients can't switch channels / need to switch to the same channel as server.

DVBServer allows one master client to switch channels, but it occpies the tuner, so there is no one that could record or do anything else... you would need some client to do that.

Edited by Moses
  • 4 weeks later...

Have you seen a problem recording using Recorder Service Plugin on a streaming clients? The Control shows the show to be recorded and that it should use the Video Recorder Plugin but the service never starts. I like the Recorder Service plugin AND streaming but I can't seem to make both work at the same time.

Any ideas?

-Henpen

DVBViewer Plugins are NOT supported.

Networkdevices are not supported.

Source: readmesvc.txt from the DVBViewer folder.

Sometimes reading for 3 minutes can save you hours of trying...