Audio-CD pauses very often

ramonchin

At first it wasn't able to play Audio-CD. Later after registering cdaudio.ax and cddareader.ax it can play audio-cds.

But now the problem is there are a lot of pauses on first songs. I've noticed directsound buffer gets empty quickly.

With Windows media player, audio-cds play fine.

I'm using last stable DVBViewer pro.

Please help.

Edited by ramonchin
Later after registering cdaudio.ax and cddareader.ax it can play audio-cds.

Both are Audio CD source filters. Decide which one you want to use. Unregister both (just to make sure) and then register only one. For the moment I'd recommend cddareader.ax. However, a new CDAudio.ax version will be available soon (some things have been fixed and enhanced).

Both are Audio CD source filters. Decide which one you want to use. Unregister both (just to make sure) and then register only one. For the moment I'd recommend cddareader.ax. However, a new CDAudio.ax version will be available soon (some things have been fixed and enhanced).

Griga I tried it.

CDAudio.ax doesn't work.

cddareader.ax causes stops on play.

Why doesn't wmp cause any problem?

Edited by ramonchin
Why doesn't wmp cause any problem?

WMP doesn't use DirectShow filters for Audio CD playback.

But now the problem is there are a lot of pauses on first songs. I've noticed directsound buffer gets empty quickly.

Probably caused by an additional DirectShowe filter inserted by DVBViewer Pro (Audio Selection). It seems to influence buffering in an unfavourable way. Even with enhanced buffering in CDAudio.ax I get these pauses (only few, however), when I play a CD in my slow CD ROM drive. If I use a DVD drive it plays well.

Same in DVBViewer GE, if the Audio Selection filter is used. Without it it's ok in any case, the drive doesn't matter. I'll try to find a solution for it.

WMP doesn't use DirectShow filters for Audio CD playback.

Probably caused by an additional DirectShowe filter inserted by DVBViewer Pro (Audio Selection). It seems to influence buffering in an unfavourable way. Even with enhanced buffering in CDAudio.ax I get these pauses (only few, however), when I play a CD in my slow CD ROM drive. If I use a DVD drive it plays well.

Same in DVBViewer GE, if the Audio Selection filter is used. Without it it's ok in any case, the drive doesn't matter. I'll try to find a solution for it.

Can Audio Selection filter be disabled? I could try it.

Thanks.

Can Audio Selection filter be disabled?

Yes. You can unregister it by using the RadLight Filter Manager (see members area). It appears as "RadLight Audio Select" in the DirectShow section. Select it, and click "Unregister". If you want to re-register it, click "Register" and select the file RLAudioSel.ax.

Yes. You can unregister it by using the RadLight Filter Manager (see members area). It appears as "RadLight Audio Select" in the DirectShow section. Select it, and click "Unregister". If you want to re-register it, click "Register" and select the file RLAudioSel.ax.

In directshow I only found Radlight Streaming Source (shoutcast.ax)... :)

Perhaps RLAudioSel.ax is not registered...

Edited by ramonchin
Perhaps RLAudioSel.ax is not registered...

Or not installed at all. It is included in the DVBViewer GE installation, but not in DVBViewer Pro.

So it must be some other problem. Please check which filters show up under View -> Filters when playing an audio CD.

I've uploaded a test version of the new (enhanced) CDAudio.ax to the members area -> beta section. Please try how it works. The ZIP contains two batch files. The first one (Register_CDAudio.bat) unregisters cddareader.ax and registers CDAudio.ax, the second one the other way round.

Or not installed at all. It is included in the DVBViewer GE installation, but not in DVBViewer Pro.

So it must be some other problem. Please check which filters show up under View -> Filters when playing an audio CD.

I've uploaded a test version of the new (enhanced) CDAudio.ax to the members area -> beta section. Please try how it works. The ZIP contains two batch files. The first one (Register_CDAudio.bat) unregisters cddareader.ax and registers CDAudio.ax, the second one the other way round.

Griga, with this CDAudio.ax filter, I get this message:

Cannot render mediafile, error: 0x80040265

How do you start playback? Here it works with DVBViewer Pro 3.6.1.20 and DVBViewer GE.

When I insert the Audio-CD a popup ask me for CD autoplay.

I choose yes, then the error message is shown.

Strange. I did exactly the same, and it works with the CDAudio.ax that I've uploaded today. Please check with the RadLigth Filter Manager, if the cddareader.ax is unregistered, and CDAudio.ax is really registered properly. It should appear as "DVBViewer File Source (CD Audio)" in the DirectShow section.

Strange. I did exactly the same, and it works with the CDAudio.ax that I've uploaded today. Please check with the RadLigth Filter Manager, if the cddareader.ax is unregistered, and CDAudio.ax is really registered properly. It should appear as "DVBViewer File Source (CD Audio)" in the DirectShow section.

I did it... But the same problems... It takes a long time to play at first and the first songs pause often, although less than before ;)

Edited by ramonchin
With different CDs, or only one? What kind of drive are you using?

Original CD's play almost fine

CD-R... very bad at first songs.

In WMP everything is right

my drive is a LG DVD-RAM with lightScribe

Thanks

Edited by ramonchin

Your drive seems to have difficulties to read the CD-Rs properly. Most likely it needs several tries for certain sectors. However, an appropriate buffering strategy can overcome this issue, as WMP proves. I will think about it...

Your drive seems to have difficulties to read the CD-Rs properly. Most likely it needs several tries for certain sectors. However, an appropriate buffering strategy can overcome this issue, as WMP proves. I will think about it...

Yes, I think that´s the trick.

Thanks Griga.

For information:

I had the problem with suttering sound from a audio-cd with my LG H30N.

After use of the new CDAudio.ax 1.0.5 and the beta 3.6.2.25 everything works fine.

I've uploaded a new test version 1.0.6.2 of the audio CD source filter to the members area, beta section. It uses a different buffering strategy, compared to version 1.0.5, which at least avoids the short pauses that were caused here by RLAudioSel.ax in the filter graph.

@ramonchin: Does it solve your problem?

I've uploaded a new test version 1.0.6.2 of the audio CD source filter to the members area, beta section. It uses a different buffering strategy, compared to version 1.0.5, which at least avoids the short pauses that were caused here by RLAudioSel.ax in the filter graph.

@ramonchin: Does it solve your problem?

Still it takes a long time to start playing (like bad sectors were present), and later everything is ok... Thanks.