Activating Mosaic View

Sean Langston

I am a DVBViewer Pro newbie, and I'm trying (unsuccessfully) to get the Mosaic function to work. I have a Hauppauge WinTV Nova-S PCI card using BDA drivers. I have installed the DVBViewer Pro application (just downloaded it today from the members section, so it is the current version) and I can scan channels and view different services in any MPTS I select. One of the MPTS streams I have selected has 9 video services (all FTA). I can select any video service in the mux and watch it.

I am able to use the preview function by accessing the view menu and selecting the preview channel individually. This opens a small PIP window that I can resize and move around the screen, displaying any channel from the same MPTS as the main window. However, when I select "Mosaic" from the View menu, a checkmark appears beside that option, but nothing else happens. The main window remains unchanged with no way to select other channels in the same mux. I have checked the Mosaic settings in the Options menu, but this only allows me to change the matrix size (3x3, 4x4, etc.) of the resulting display, but I can never get that display to activate.

I have also tried accessing the mosaic function through the OSD, but selecting that option and clicking on it does nothing. I am able to activate the Preview function through the OSD.

Any ideas?

Edited by Sean Langston
  • Like 1
Maybe the selected MPEG Decoder has trouble with Mosaic.

Try a different one.

I have tried the basic decoders and I have tried ffdshow (installed through CCCP codec pack). None of them seem to work. What decoder are you using that works, and where can I download it? This would be a BIG help.

I don't even know what is supposed to show up when I select Mosaic. Is there a menu or something that lets me choose which channels appear? I've seen a screenshot of multiple channels being displayed in another message on this forum, but I can't find any documentation on the selection of channels or setup of the Mosaic functionality, besides the Options/DirectX/Mosaic config.

I'm using the CyberLink which comes PowerDVD.

Mosaic shows the channel fro the transponder (frequency) of the channel witch is tuned by starting Mosaic.

This does not work. I downloaded the CyberLink PowerDVD MPEG-2 Decoder and have selected it for the Mosaic decoder as well as the DirectX regular decoder. The end result is still that Mosaic View does nothing at all.

Here is what I have tried:

* Changed the DirectX Video Output from Overlay to VMR7 and VMR9 = Mosaic does not work

* Switched on/off detect Detect Audio & Video format automatically = Mosaic does not work

* Changed the size of the mosaic from 2x2 to 3x2 to 3x3 to 4x4 = Mosaic does not work

* Changed the max number of channels in the mosaic from 3 to 12 (one at a time) = Mosaic does not work

* Changed the Mosaic Video Decoder (CyberLink, ffdshow, Nero, and Intervideo) = Mosaic does not work

* Changed the Regular Video Decoder (same options) = Mosaic does not work

* Rebuild Graph = Mosaic does not work

Here is what does work:

* Preview = opens any other channel in the same mux/transponder as a small PIP in the main window

* Resizing and moving Preview channel is OK

* Changing the Preview channel is OK

* Turning on/off the Preview is OK

I have now tried this in the current stable version of DVBViewer Pro and the beta version of DVBViewer Pro. Both have identical results.

Mosaic view is the whole reason why I bought the license for DVBViewer Pro. I've seen many message about how great it is, but I can barely find a mention of it in the manual besides a cursory reference to the Mosaic options.

Somebody, preferably a developer of this software, please explain what I am doing wrong, or how I can troubleshoot my setup to fix this myself.

Thanks,

Sean

Uhm, I haven't any indication: if you had had a SS2 card I would have suggested you to set "Open whole transponder" in "Option / Hardware", but you have a WinTV Nova-S with DBA, and I'm rather sure that this setting is insignificant for your card/driver... but if you want you can give it a try :)...

:)