528x576 and AC3filter choppy

boborg

2 music channels (V1 Classic Europe + MTV2) on my local cable tv are broadcasted in the odd 528x576 resolution. I've discovered that if I have selected AC3filter (both tried 1.30 and 1.45) as audio renderer I get choppy live viewing of these channels. If I change to MPEG Audio decoder there's no problem.

Playback of recording of these channels work without problems in DVBViewer with AC3filter. Both tried checked/unchecked Use DVBSource. Using DVBfilter Version: 2.8.5.

Using FireDTV DVB-C with Irdeto cam. I've tested in DVBViewer 3.6.1.20 and beta 3.6.3.0.

Let me know if there are any further information you want.

support.zip

Difficult to say. The resolution is nothing special though it's not very common. I can watch the same channel vial satellite with a firedtv and my canaldigitaal card. When selecting ac3 filter (1.30b) as audio decoder I get the same stuttering. Playback with tsplayer shows after a while the same effect in particular when jumping in the file. A couple of times tsplayer even crashed. Changing the video decoder doesn't help.

The fault must be either in the stream or the ac3 filter or the dvb source filter. Playing with the source filter parameters doesn't improve the audio playback.