Can't find any channels

nTuomo

Hello,

My DVBViewer PRO can't find any channels. When I click the 'Scan range' button, the progress bar fills immediately up to 100 % (with a green-to-red-background). Below the bar, there's a text "0 program(s) found".

I'm using TechniSat Airstar USB and Windows XP. I have set the following in Settings/Options/Hardware:

-Device: DVB file device

-Tuner type: Terrestrial

-State: Normal (I have also tried 'Preferred').

In 'Scan channels', my choices are:

-Reception type: Terrestric

-Transponder list: Terrestrial (EUR)

-Frequencies are the program recommendations: from 50000 to 858000 KHz.

What I have tried:

-TechniSat drivers from the TechniSat CD that came with the DVB receiver

-the latest TechniSat drivers downloaded from their website

-DVBViewer TE-version and GE-version

-plug the USB cable to another USB plug

I have also tried to install the BDA-drivers that I downloaded from the TechniSat website, but the installation failed.

XP system hardware lists 'TechniSat DVB-PC TV Star USB' as functioning correctly.

I'm pretty sure that my plug-ins are correctly done because DVBViewer used to work just fine on my computer before my hard disc broke down. But now I am having this mysterious problem. Any help is more than welcome!

Device: DVB file device

-Tuner type: Terrestrial

-State: Normal (I have also tried 'Preferred').

Well file device does not sound like airstar, does it? Set it to do not use and use your airstar instead.

Well file device does not sound like airstar, does it? Set it to do not use and use your airstar instead.

There is no 'Airstar' on the list, only File device, Unicast and Multicast. Any ideas what I should do to get Airstar on the list, too?

PS. Thanks for the fast answer!

Awesome, it works now ;) !

I really don't understand why the DVBViewer TE -version didn't seem to work earlier. I guess the error was where it always is - not in the computer, but in front of it :) Now the PRO version works just fine, too.

Thank you so much for your kind and fast help!

Edited by nTuomo