Doubt about scheduling records

Hi all,

I have a doubt about scheduling a record.

In few words, when I have scheduled a record, DVBViewer needs to be opened in that time? Is not possible that a scheduled record starts even if DVBViewer in not running?

Thans in advance

Without any plugins / tools DVBViewer has to run in that time...

There are two possible ways to get some automation here:

1. The scheduler plugin

2. the recording service

Both are able to start the computer from standby or hibernation mode and do the recording. The scheduler just uses the windows task manager to wake up the computer and start DVBViewer so that it can do the recording. The recording service is a full windows services and contains the "recording part" of the DVBViewer. It can even record, when no user is logged in (but the computer is running). Drawback: the recording service occupies the device while recording and DVBViewer can't use it to watch another channel on the same mux or so.. but you can use DVBViewer to watch the recording while recording... recording service should only be active, if DVBViewer is closed. There is a plugin that takes care of that. :)

Don't use both of them at the same time. You should be able to find more documentation for both methods on this boards.. ;)

Without any plugins / tools DVBViewer has to run in that time...

There are two possible ways to get some automation here:

1. The scheduler plugin

2. the recording service

Both are able to start the computer from standby or hibernation mode and do the recording. The scheduler just uses the windows task manager to wake up the computer and start DVBViewer so that it can do the recording. The recording service is a full windows services and contains the "recording part" of the DVBViewer. It can even record, when no user is logged in (but the computer is running). Drawback: the recording service occupies the device while recording and DVBViewer can't use it to watch another channel on the same mux or so.. but you can use DVBViewer to watch the recording while recording... recording service should only be active, if DVBViewer is closed. There is a plugin that takes care of that. :)

Don't use both of them at the same time. You should be able to find more documentation for both methods on this boards.. ;)

Thanks for replying.Whare can I get these to pulgins? Which is the best, in your opinion?

I have bought DVBViewer Pro two days ago and, nothing, to say it's a great piece of software, the only one that can make the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-3000 working perfectly ( the DVB-S tuner , I mean)

edit:

All is ok, I tried the DVB Service Control and it works very well!

Edited by caius

Hello !

There is a 3rd alternative:

Start the DVBViewer with the Windows Task Scheduler.

(The DVBViewer Scheduler is not really needed , hence I would noct rcommend this because then the tasks have to be created and chnged manually)