Tips for problems with H.264 over DVB-C

sveinan

Need some tips from users with experience of H.264 channels over DVB-C. I've been using DVB-C for a few years now and no problems with SD channels. Just now our provider here in Norway started offering a few HD channels. The one I'm testing most on is Discovery HD. It should be H.264 1080i.

All my existing regular encrypted channels still work ok. But when I tune into one of the HD ones DVBViwer never goes away from the (*) sign on title, and sometimes I get the 'no access' message. I have double checked with the provider that my smartcard should have access. They say so. Although, not 100% sure on them.

What I'm asking for is any tips on how to pinpoint the missing link ? Is there a way to diagnose the access codes ? Is the 'no access' message a 100% indication that my smartcard have not gotten the codes ? Can there be other problems, like my hardware tuner and so on ?

My setup:

- Windows XP SP2

- FloppyDTV C/CI (Firmware: 1.28 / BDA Driver: 4.8 )

- Conax CAM 4.00e (CAS5)

- DVBViewer 3.6.1.20 (& also beta 3.6.4.1)

Thx /Svein