ivivideo problem

jukka1

I have been using DVBViewer Pro succesfully several weeks. I use it maybe 3-4 times a week recording movies or other TV programs.

Now, within last two-three weeks DVBViewer has crashed (only the application, not OS) several times. For example, in the evening I have scheduled a recording, went to bed and in the morning I have found a window saying "DVBViewer.exe has failed and needs to close. Sorry … Do you want to send error message to Microsoft …" and recording failed. Sometimes program crashes after several hours, sometimes maybe after 30 minutes after starting it. The point is that the time before crash varies (actually, yesterday I manages to record a complete movie without crash).

In Event Viewer - Application after the crash there is an error message:

"Faulting application DVBViewer.exe, version 3.6.1.20, faulting module ivivideo.ax, version 5.3.28.0, fault address 0x00105ef5.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp."

My OS is Windows XP home, and I have Terratec Cinergy T2 DVB-T receiver (driver version 2.3.0.25), motherboard Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe (chipset NVIDIA nForce 4 SLI), graphics card Asus NVIDIA GeForce EN7300GT Silent (driver version 6.14.10.9371).

I have not made any changes to my PC, only automatic Microsoft updates have been installed.

I tried to find a similar problem in this forum, but could not find any. Attached support.zip file.

Any suggestions? How can I configure DVBViewer to write more info into a log-file about the crash?

Thanks,

Jukka

support.zip

ivivideo.ax is the Intervideo Video Decoder, try to use another one, for example cyberlink (which comes with power DVD) or so... another possibility, if you only use DVBViewer for recording: disable a/v on all your recordings and run dvbviwer with -c commandline paramter -> it won't load any decoders and the won't crash. :P

Maybe you could even use the recording service for all your recordings. But you should read a little bit about the service, first.

ivivideo.ax is the Intervideo Video Decoder, try to use another one, for example cyberlink (which comes with power DVD) or so... another possibility, if you only use DVBViewer for recording: disable a/v on all your recordings and run dvbviwer with -c commandline paramter -> it won't load any decoders and the won't crash. :)

Maybe you could even use the recording service for all your recordings. But you should read a little bit about the service, first.

I installed K-Lite Codec Pack (includes cyberlink) and configured DVBViewer to use cyberlink. Now it has been running 12 hours without a single crash. Seems that it is stable now. Thanks a lot.

Jukka