Occasional, random stuttering in h264 channels

Nils-H

Hi!

When viewing a HD channel that use h264 encoding, I experience random stuttering of the TV image. I have not found a pattern, but sometimes it happens after viewing the channel for a while, or after using the OSD display for a bit. Normally, the image is very fluent, and the CPU shows about 50% utilization. When the stuttering occurs, I cannot see any change in CPU utilization, and neither can I see any other processes taking CPU time simultaneously. Restaring DVBViewer seems to help. I was able to watch a full movie without stuttering by restarting DVBViewer and not touching any menues or anything while the HD channel was tuned in. I use the Cyberlink codec, as CoreAVC shows constant stuttering. The DVBSource filter doesn't report any losses either. I have attached the support.zip information that was taken during a period of stuttering.

I have also tried the new beta, with the same result. Also uninstalled other codecs, and uninstalled most of the programs I'm not using. I'm using AVG Free anti virus software, but from the CPU usage, it doesn't indicate that the virus scanner is taking CPU when the stuttering begins.

Hardware: Fire DTV DVB-C, firmware version 1.2.8 Build 42050, BDA driver 4.8.0

Mac mini Dual Core 1.67 GHz with integrated Mobile Intel 945GM Express graphics card driver version 6.14.10.4670 (using bootcamp).

Thank you for your time.

Nils-H

support.zip