Jitter with H.264 and Cyberlink decoder

I have a jitter problem with H.264 channels and Cyberlink decoder.

Jitter cases are a little different but most common case is as follows:

- picture start showing normally for a couple of minutes

- after that jitter begins

- average frame rate drops from 25 to around 23 with 10-15 ms jitter showing on renderer property page

- sometimes DVBV filter makes a drop showing Graph too late and after that there is a jitterfree period

- sometimes jitterfree watching can last for a long time

- sometimes jitter will not stop at all

I suspect this is a DVBViewer problem because this is happening both with Geforce 8500GT and Intel G965 integrated graphics.

Also the new DVBV filter (Beta 2.8.5.2) gives much longer jitterfree periods. Above case is with the beta.

With my previous Pentium4 system with 7600GS this did not happen. Unfortunately I can not test the card anymore because it is an AGP card.

Current system is Asus P5B-VM with Core Duo 6420 so there is enough power for SW only decoding.

Graphics card is Asus EN8500GT. Latest beta drivers 162.15. Same problem with the official drivers anyway.

I will add the support.zip later.

Edit:

Edited by mitsu

Maybe this is caused by bad timings... Try to record a H.264 stream and play it. If there is no jitter at all this could be the reason... if so you could try to raise the latency in DVBSSource. The newest Beta of the DVBSource Filter has a hidden option to set a higher delay only for H.264 streams... there where several german people with similar problems.

[Params]
udH264Latency=4000

you could add that to DVBSource.ini to get a 4sec delay, which solved the problem for some people.. most of them reduced it to about 1000 or so.. you should increase buffer size, too (other whise it won't work).

of course switching to a H.264 channel will take very long, so this is only a work arround for some problem which isn't found, yet.

Edited by Moses
Maybe this is caused by bad timings... Try to record a H.264 stream and play it. If there is no jitter at all this could be the reason... if so you could try to raise the latency in DVBSSource. The newest Beta of the DVBSource Filter has a hidden option to set a higher delay only for H.264 streams... there where several german people with similar problems.

[Params]
udH264Latency=4000

you could add that to DVBSource.ini to get a 4sec delay, which solved the problem for some people.. most of them reduced it to about 1000 or so.. you should increase buffer size, too (other whise it won't work).

of course switching to a H.264 channel will take very long, so this is only a work arround for some problem which isn't found, yet.

That solved the framerate problem. Thank you Moses. 1000 ms latency was enough.

For some reason ReClock is now causing serious jitter. Without ReClock SD channels seem to work fine but there is still something wrong with the H.264 channels. Framerate is 25 but 4-7 ms jitter which is clearly visible in panning.

For some reason ReClock is now causing serious jitter. Without ReClock SD channels seem to work fine but there is still something wrong with the H.264 channels. Framerate is 25 but 4-7 ms jitter which is clearly visible in panning.

ReClock problem was audio related, solved now.

Also H.264 problem is not happening with all H.264 channels.

Canal+ HD works perfectly with 15,1 Mbit/s bitrate:

post-14848-1183390778_thumb.png

Anixe HD is having jitter with any bitrate (5-20 MBit/s):

post-14848-1183390924_thumb.png

I am using Unchanged rendered. Both VMR7 and VMR9 are unwatchable due to jitter and tearing caused by not being synchronized. Framerates too high.

Edit: One more thing: there is same jitter with Anixe HD also with recordings.

Edited by mitsu