Can't use overlay mixer anymore with clone and TV out setup.

antdude

Hello,

In the past, I always used Video Renderer (Overlay Mixer) and MPEG2 Video Decoder (CyberLink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD7)) for my video in DVBViewer v3.5 (don't see anything I need in the newer versions so I never upgraded) with my Broadband Technologies Air2PC-ATSC-PCI HDTV tuner card (r0.2; DVB; connected to a DB2 HDTV bowtie antenna (30 miles)).

I use clone setup with NVIDIA video driver v94.24 for my EVGA GeForce 7950 GT KO (512 MB; PCIe) when I want to use my old 20" CRT TV fullscreen from my computer. Using DVBViewer's overlay mixer will show black image (has NVIDIA overlay OSD and menus) on my LCD monitor (primary screen). I also do get audio, so I know the software is using the HDTV tuner card. Also, I see the OSD overlays (e.g., channel information).

Also, I tried Sonic Cinemaster DS Video Decoder, DScaler Mpeg2 Video Decoder, and ffdshow Video Decoder. I still get a black image in my DVBViewer (primary LCD monitor) when using clone setup with TV out. Using any VMR(7 or 9), I get corrupted colors and not fullscreen in my DVBViewer. DVBViewer forum says this is a NVIDIA bug (no surprise). Putting back to single setup (LCD primary monitor) shows no problems. Why can't I do overlay with TV out anymore?

I did find a way to make it work, but I don't like it. Right now, I have to use VMR9 (video mixing rendering) and ffdshow Video Decoder (MPEG2 video decoder; from K-Lite Codec Full Pack v3.2.5 (upgraded in the last week of June 2007) from http://www.codecguide.com/) if I want to show to my TV fullscreen (secondary) with clone setup.

I don't what changed on my system I haven't upgraded/changed my driver settings and used DVBViewer for like a week, and all the sudden something broke. DVBViewer T.E. worked just fine with clone setting and TV out fullscreen, but I don't know what video settings it uses. Media Players have no problems with the fullscreen TV and on monitor.

Any ideas on what's wrong and what caused the change? Thank you in advance. ;)

Edited by antdude
  • Like 1

I am not sure how I fixed it, but I think NVIDIA's Overlay color controls... pressing "Restore Defaults" fixed my problem. Weird? I hope this was it.

• 2 months later...
I am not sure how I fixed it, but I think NVIDIA's Overlay color controls... pressing "Restore Defaults" fixed my problem. Weird? I hope this was it.
Grr, the problem came back again. Using the above method didn't fix it. ;)

Any ideas? I will keep playing with the settings.

Grr, the problem came back again. Using the above method didn't fix it. ;)

Any ideas? I will keep playing with the settings.

It seems using dual view works, but I never had to use that setup before. I guess I will use this for now. If anyone knows why clone setup doesn't work, then please kindly post.
It seems using dual view works, but I never had to use that setup before. I guess I will use this for now. If anyone knows why clone setup doesn't work, then please kindly post.
It looks like it is fixed after I upgraded my driver (v162.18) to the latest beta one that came out yesterday. I did not uninstall the old one either. I don't know what's going on. I hope it doesn't happen again! If it is does, I will come back here. ;)