Anybody can solve this mystery?

boborg

I'm using girder and a DVBViewer.gml file. I've discovered something really strange. If I click the button I've set for Open file and open a mpg file the MPEG splitter is used instead of DVBSource. If I open the exact same mpg file using the mouse DVBSource is always used. DVBSource is set in the settings to be used for MPEG files. Tried it 10 times and it happens all the time so it's definately some way tied to the remote action.

Not that it's a huge issue although I prefer DVBSource, but I'm just puzzled what could be the reason behind this strange behavior. :bye:

Edited by boborg

When I want to playback some mpeg-2 recordings in DVBViewer and do this.

1. Use my remote control and click the button I've set up for the Open Video. The Open window launches and I open a mpg recording for playback in DVBViewer. Playback starts but from the view/filter settings I can see MPEG-2 splitter is always used. (Use DVBSource for mpg is set in menu)

2. Using the mouse and selecting open video from the DVBViewer menu. I open a mpg recording for playback in DVBViewer. Playback starts and DVBSource is always used. (Use DVBSource for mpg is set in menu)

It's tied to the if I click on the Open Video button or do it via the menu. So that's the mystery. Why does Open Video via my remote block DVBSource from being used?

Edited by boborg