black screen using custom graph with graph selection plugin (vista)

zeflash

I'm using the latest beta of DVBViewer (3.6.4.20) on vista, where only the overlay actually works (VMR9 is just taking 1/4 of the screen space no matter what I do).

So I wanted to try a custom graph. Hence I did one, and although the sound gets decoded, I don't actually see anything.

But here's the trick: if I go to any page showing the mini TV view (like the guide) then I see the actual TV!

Furthermore, with a custom graph using VMR9, the whole output rectangle is actually used, not only 1/4 of it like when using VMR9 without a graph.

So I'm a bit puzzled, it seems to me that it's more a problem of resizing the surface when in fullscreen, given it works perfectly in the mini view.

Given the graph plugin is only there to actually change the current graph, it's more a DVBViewer bug - and given I cannot create a new topic in the betatest forum (Do I need a special permission for that? weird) I post my bug here.

Edit:

Actually I can see this black screen problem once in a while with the default renderer / decoder settings (not using a graph).

Toggle between the guide & back to full screen sometimes lead to either the miniscreen or the fullscreen video not showing up.

It might just be connected to how the overlay is handled in vista (because when dvdviewer is in windowed mode, moving the window around doesn't always update the overlay output position) but maybe it's a lead too.

Edited by zeflash

Did you ever try the nvidia vrm fix?

DVBViewer tries to insert the OSD into the stream via a second input pin on the VRM9 Renderer. Some drivers don't like that so much. The Nvidia VRM Fix changes the way OSD is inserted into the stream. There is also a tool, which disables OSD and it's pin completly, which may produce a picture for you..

I tried with / without the fix when loading a custom graph, it didn't change the fact I get only a blackscreen in fullscreen while I see the video in the guide.