BSOD since DVBViewer 3.8.0.0

mrattitude

Since installing the latest version it will either work for a couple of minutes or immediately crash to a BSOD.

When the machine is restarted I am given a message stating "The system has recovered from a serious error."

I have included the error logs in relation to this crash.

I have completely uninstalled and made a fresh install starting from scratch, still BSOD :-(

Running Windows XP Pro SP2 - all fully updated

AMD 64 XP 3800+ Dual Core

2048Gb DDR400

Nvidia 6800 GT PCI-e - Latest Drivers (non Beta)

MSI-7125 with latest BIOS and driver updates.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

support.zip

Error_Logs.zip

Options-> DirectX -> Video and Audio decoder on cyberlink.

Audiorender on Default Directsound device.

Videorenderer on Overlay.

Most likely problems with decoder/graphic driver. Only this can cause a BSOD. DVBViewer as an app can not cause it under XP.

Nvidia 6800 GT PCI-e - Latest Drivers (non Beta)

You could also try the latest Beta drivers. I found that it significantly improved the picture quality performance of my system (but using a different Nvidia card).

My computer is BSOD immediately I try to run DVBViewer, I have tried the settings suggested already, apart from DVBViewer the machine is running perfectly.

I have noticed that my graphics card is sharing IRQ18 with my TechnoTrend C1500 - could this be the cause of the BSOD?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Okay changing the PCI slot to change the IRQ did not make any difference. This software is crashing immediately upon starting it and causing a BSOD.

Last night I installed MyTheatre and Media Portal - both these programs are working perfectly without causing crashes, so I know there is nothing wrong with my hardware.

I would appreciate it if someone who has a clue would suggest how to fix this problem - over 140 views and nothing yet :-(

Okay changing the PCI slot to change the IRQ did not make any difference. This software is crashing immediately upon starting it and causing a BSOD.

Last night I installed MyTheatre and Media Portal - both these programs are working perfectly without causing crashes, so I know there is nothing wrong with my hardware.

I would appreciate it if someone who has a clue would suggest how to fix this problem - over 140 views and nothing yet :-(

Im also getting a BSOD, but only on HD channels

stop 0x0000008E Watchdog.sys

Im using cyberlink H.264 codec for video, and latest Nvidia drivers for the Nvidia 6600GT PCI-E

and a dual core Opteron processor.

which is "latest nvidia drivers"? There are some beta drivers out there that are known to cause BSOD.

DVBViewer can not produce a BSOD by itself... it's most certainly a problem with the DVB Hardware/Driver oder Video/Audio Hardware/driver/decoder.

Try to find out the decoders other applications use, that work and select them in DVBViewer. Start DVBViewer with "-c", so no channel is tuned in and try to record something with "disable AV" ticked.... if that works, it's a problem with the playback, most likely decoders or graphic drivers. If it does not work, something is faulty with the dvb part of the system.

which is "latest nvidia drivers"? There are some beta drivers out there that are known to cause BSOD.

DVBViewer can not produce a BSOD by itself... it's most certainly a problem with the DVB Hardware/Driver oder Video/Audio Hardware/driver/decoder.

Try to find out the decoders other applications use, that work and select them in DVBViewer. Start DVBViewer with "-c", so no channel is tuned in and something with "disable AV" ticked.... if that works, it's a problem with the playback, most likely decodetry to record rs or graphic drivers. If it does not work, something is faulty with the dvb part of the system.

Im using these, version. 162.18 WHQL

Try to find out the decoders other applications use, that work and select them in DVBViewer. Start DVBViewer with "-c", so no channel is tuned in and try to record something with "disable AV" ticked.... if that works, it's a problem with the playback, most likely decoders or graphic drivers. If it does not work, something is faulty with the dvb part of the system.

Disabled AV Ticked ? were is that.

Seems like it was the Cyberlink h.264 decoder that caused the BSOD for me,

when using CoreAVC it works, but the picture is a bit lagy, not sure why tough

as CPU usage is only 55% when watching HD channels.

Any suggestion on what could be wrong then ?

Disable AV is an option for recording timers. You can tick it for single recordings or make it default in Options->recorder.

You could try the mainconcept/elecard H.264 decoder.

Moses, in my original post I specified the latest non beta drivers - I am using the recommended settings suggested by Lars

Cyberlink for audio and video, overlay and default sound.

I am using the cyberlink codecs for my other apps and they do not cause BSOD and they are using the same DVB hardware.

Could someone please supply me with a link to the newest drivers for my TT-C1500 budget card?

Edited by mrattitude
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry, I missed your question earlier. You have to choose the best fit for your own system.

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_download...betadriver.html

Nvidia are presumably working hard to fix their problems and new releases appear frequently. It is only the very latest release that allows me to use VMR9 in my system. In my opinion all the earlier drivers are rubbish, at least for my system, and should be avoided.

Of course, with any beta release there is some risk.