Scanner SimpleB dont work...

SamAlone

Hey

Installed XP again, now i cannot scan my LNB2, i have choose SimpleB as i use a 2 port switch,

this worked in Vista what is wrong now ? im using the TransEdit 3.0.8.0 tool to scan channels.

Im having Thor 2,3 on LNB1 and Sirius 2,3 on LNB2, LNB1 works as should.

Thx !

Hey

Installed XP again, now i cannot scan my LNB2, i have choose SimpleB as i use a 2 port switch,

this worked in Vista what is wrong now ? im using the TransEdit 3.0.8.0 tool to scan channels.

Im having Thor 2,3 on LNB1 and Sirius 2,3 on LNB2, LNB1 works as should.

Thx !

Anyone ??

DVB Device?

AzureWave AD-SP400 DVB-S2

I hope Lars could give me a answer, as i heard he is using the same card, but like i sayed,

i had no issue scan LNB2 with Vista , now im using XP Pro SP2..

I noticed that the drivers for this card is not WHCL, but in Vista they are, not sure if thats the

issue tough.

Edited by SamAlone

AFAIK only the SS2 with the proprietary driver is sending proper simple signals. Otherwise you don't get what you see. :P

..but if it was ok before, I think a normal diseqc signal will do ;)

AFAIK only the SS2 with the proprietary driver is sending proper simple signals. Otherwise you don't get what you see. :P

..but if it was ok before, I think a normal diseqc signal will do ;)

You lost me, please explain in more detail what to try.

Thx again !

AFAIK the AzureWave AD-SP400 DVB-S2 (resp. Twinhan DVB-S2) interface doesn't support Simple A/B tone burst switching, only DiSEqC Pos/Opt commands. So DVBViewer translates Simple A and Simple B to PosA/OptA and PosB/Opt A, hoping it will do something useful :P

AFAIK the AzureWave AD-SP400 DVB-S2 (resp. Twinhan DVB-S2) interface doesn't support Simple A/B tone burst switching, only DiSEqC Pos/Opt commands. So DVBViewer translates Simple A and Simple B to PosA/OptA and PosB/Opt A, hoping it will do something useful :P

Tried all settings, no diffrence, its no way it want to scan the other satellite ;(

Why did it work in Vista with SimpleA and SimpleB dont get it, have they totally fu* up the drivers ? ;P excuse my

language, but its getting a bit frustrated now.

• 1 month later...

You are not alone I have a SkyStar DVB card and have been fighting for ther last 2 weeks with the the PosA/OptA, PosB/OptA, Posa/OptB and PosB/OptB settings.

Time these people came up with an automatic button to set it up; or a good understandable manual that explains what, why, how the pro's and con's of such settings.

jannerhank

You are not alone I have a SkyStar DVB card and have been fighting for ther last 2 weeks with the the PosA/OptA, PosB/OptA, Posa/OptB and PosB/OptB settings.

Time these people came up with an automatic button to set it up; or a good understandable manual that explains what, why, how the pro's and con's of such settings.

jannerhank

A/A- 1,

B/A - 2,

A/B- 3,

B /B- 4

It is in the same order in the drop-down menu. I learnt it by trial and error.

A/A- 1,

B/A - 2,

A/B- 3,

B /B- 4

It is in the same order in the drop-down menu. I learnt it by trial and error.

Hi, I will check this post too - as have a Skystar 1 CI in NZ on moteck motor - but I'm setting up another system now with hauppauge HVR4000 using My Theatre as could not get DVBViewer to scan and find, even with dish preset - tried all settings.

I would suggest only that you don't waste time with programmes that dont seem to want to work - move on. The hard yards is not the users job. Find a Sat Prog where forum users have your card & dish working with their program - ask them to send or post screenshots and camera pix of the prog/system running - then if you are happy DL it and try your best to set it.

Don't bust your guts till midnight - and more .............!

cheers Ken

Edited by Robotnz1000