EPG in Arabic

mouadhada

Hello,

can you provide an epg.dll which should contain arabic epg data?
i think he mean the epg.dat, where you can find in the configuration folder, click About -> configuration folder

;)

yes sorry ;) at the moment i'm extremely stressed - thanks god that there are a few people watching over the things i write in here ;)

Christian

yes sorry ;) at the moment i'm extremely stressed - thanks god that there are a few people watching over the things i write in here ;)

Christian

I hope that the joined file will help.

epg.zip

Edited by mouadhada
Are you using a Arabic Language with CHARSET = 178?

Hi how can I check CHARSET ?

I am using french windows xp supporting complex laguages like arabic or thailand language !!

The question was about the Language file you have selected in DVBViewer. Open the used file with notepad ....\DVBViewer\Language\Arabic.lng.

[Font]
Charset=178	

[Actions]

The question was about the Language file you have selected in DVBViewer. Open the used file with notepad ....\DVBViewer\Language\Arabic.lng.

[Font]
Charset=178	

[Actions]

The charset is 178, but in gui I have not arabic but some strange fonts fonts.

I join screen print

post-36089-1187292640_thumb.jpg

It may be due to the fact that your broadcaster is using an ISO 8859-6 character table (see here), or a UniCode character set. Unfortunately the Windows ARABIC_CHARSET does not comply with it, as I found out last night - several characters are at a different position, so a translation table would be required to put it right.

Or your broadcaster doesn't flag the EPG correctly as Arabic, so DVBViewer doesn't know what it is. Do you get no Arabic characters at all, or just the wrong ones?

Which DVB Network (satellite position) do you receive? Is there a transponderlist for scanning it? If yes, you can help us to get the necessary information by using the scanner tool TransEdit from the members area:

- Store TransEdit in the DVBViewer folder.

- Launch it. Go to Settings -> Analyzer, and select an output directory for files.

- In the main window, select the transponderlist on the left side and the transponder (frequency) that broadcasts the EPG on the right side.

- Click Analyze to open the Analyzer Window. Wait 30 seconds.

- Select the "EIT PID = 18 - Actual" entry in the treeview on the left side of the Analyzer Window. It contains various information about the broadcasted EPG data.

- Click "Save as XML". Zip the file and attach it here. Then we can have a closer look at it.

P.S. If it's a satellite position like Hotbird, that we can receive here, just tell us the frequency, then we can check it...

What about DVBViewer arabic language, I can not see GUI correctly.

So here is the requested file.

xml_save.zip

I can not see GUI correctly.

Sorry, I didn't notice the screenshot at first. Obviously the GUI doesn't switch to the character set that is specified in the language file, but still uses a French resp. western character set (?), as far as I can see. Is French your "system local" setting?

Strange enough, I'm struggling with a similar problem here. I can set the app I'm looking after (DVBViewer GE) to whatever character set I want (in program code!) - it insists in using the system local character set. And when I set the character set in the DVBViewer Pro German language file to Arabic or Hebrew, it has no effect at all. However, displaying other character sets seems to work in general, because in the videotext language selection menu they show up as expected. So I will do some more investigations in this issue, and when there are results, I will let you know.

Anyway, thank you for the XML file. Unfortunately the EPG data doesn't specify the character set, only the language:

<Descriptor HValue="0x4D" Name="Short Event">
 <Language String="ara"/>
<EventName String=" ÇäÌÒêÑÉ ÇäÑêÇÖêÉ + 2 "/>
<EventDescription String="  "/>

so it will probably be hard to find out which kind of character table is required. Following the DVB specifications, a default latin character set must be used in this case, which obviously wouldn't match. A character table description included in the EPG data looks like this (from a Polish channel on Hotbird):

<Hot_Bird_13.0_E_10891_H>
  <Language String="pol"/>
  <CharacterTable HValue="0x01" Name="Latin/Cyrillic"/>
  <EventName String="i -> Lista ProgramÂow"/>

Sorry, I didn't notice the screenshot at first. Obviously the GUI doesn't switch to the character set that is specified in the language file, but still uses a French resp. western character set (?), as far as I can see. Is French your "system local" setting?

Strange enough, I'm struggling with a similar problem here. I can set the app I'm looking after (DVBViewer GE) to whatever character set I want (in program code!) - it insists in using the system local character set. And when I set the character set in the DVBViewer Pro German language file to Arabic or Hebrew, it has no effect at all. However, displaying other character sets seems to work in general, because in the videotext language selection menu they show up as expected. So I will do some more investigations in this issue, and when there are results, I will let you know.

Anyway, thank you for the XML file. Unfortunately the EPG data doesn't specify the character set, only the language:

<Language String="ara"/>
<EventName String=" ÇäÌÒêÑÉ ÇäÑêÇÖêÉ + 2 "/>
<EventDescription String="  "/>

so it will probably be hard to find out which kind of character table is required. Following the DVB specifications, a default latin character set must be used in this case, which obviously wouldn't match. A character table description included in the EPG data looks like this (from a Polish channel on Hotbird):

<Hot_Bird_13.0_E_10891_H>
  <Language String="pol"/>
  <CharacterTable HValue="0x01" Name="Latin/Cyrillic"/>
  <EventName String="i -> Lista ProgramÂow"/>

Thanks griga for all these informations.

I want to add only one remark, I have a golden interstar 7800 receiver and I can see epg info correctly on it. Perhaps you should use unicode set !!

Ok, the results of my investigations:

- DVBViewer can only be used with a certain language file, if it matches the system local setting - French in your case.

- The Charset entry in the language file is meaningless

I tried to let DVBViewer GE display the UI with a different character set, and finally it did - partly. The main obstacle are standard controls like buttons, checkboxes and some more, that don't support displaying a different character set. They always use system local, no matter what I tell them. This could be solved by using more sophisticated third-party components, that are able to display other character sets, or even Unicode. However, this would require restructuring many parts of the program, altogether a whole lot of work, and to be true, I don't believe that this will happen. DVBViewer is just a 15 Euro software, DVBViewer.com is no big international company, and most people who are working at it don't get payed for it - they do it voluntarily (like me). One of these internet communities, you know...

I have a golden interstar 7800 receiver and I can see epg info correctly on it.

Usually companies buy a licence for a character set ROM from some other company, connect it to their electronics, and that's it... sorry, we can't afford something like that. However, if there is a chance to enhance the support for other languages, be sure that we will try (within our limits), if we get some help from the users. At least displaying an Arabic EPG with an Arabic character set should work somehow, even if system local is French. I will keep an eye on it.

Ok, the results of my investigations:

- DVBViewer can only be used with a certain language file, if it matches the system local setting - French in your case.

- The Charset entry in the language file is meaningless

I tried to let DVBViewer GE display the UI with a different character set, and finally it did - partly. The main obstacle are standard controls like buttons, checkboxes and some more, that don't support displaying a different character set. They always use system local, no matter what I tell them. This could be solved by using more sophisticated third-party components, that are able to display other character sets, or even Unicode. However, this would require restructuring many parts of the program, altogether a whole lot of work, and to be true, I don't believe that this will happen. DVBViewer is just a 15 Euro software, DVBViewer.com is no big international company, and most people who are working at it don't get payed for it - they do it voluntarily (like me). One of these internet communities, you know...

Usually companies buy a licence for a character set ROM from some other company, connect it to their electronics, and that's it... sorry, we can't afford something like that. However, if there is a chance to enhance the support for other languages, be sure that we will try (within our limits), if we get some help from the users. At least displaying an Arabic EPG with an Arabic character set should work somehow, even if system local is French. I will keep an eye on it.

Ok, I understund thanks a lot for your help. By the way I think that it is a windows restriction.

Just one question, there is a local set who display correctly arabic characters.

• 2 months later...

hi, there Again

as we know DVBViewer can't see ARABIC ... even when install windows BASED RTL languages and we can c LTR here basicly it's inverted letters !

well , free ProgDVB able to do that and it's support

>> another question , as I parse EIT data with transedit there is only currect/next even ..BUT this package (showtime) has it's own BOX called SHOWBOX

and there you able to see an extended EPG while here can't do that I don't know which standad they use

I wonder if we can't modify info to get it work ...

note: same package has audio channel called (Arabic EPG)

BR

cheers