HD stutters

chrispazz

I repost here the other post was about another problem.

I noticed that after a while (about 10 mins) that I am looking a HD channel I get one single stutter. Then I get another one every 20 or 30 secs.

It is not a problem about timeshifting.

I tried to switch from overlay to VMR but is the same.

Where can I look for what is causing this stutters? I also loose ac3 audio for 1 sec during the stutter....this is very annoying....

Thank you

Chris

Hello,

I investigated more my problem. It seems that after viewing for a while the same channel (some minutes) I get very small stutters ( I think 1/2 sec).

While viewing SD channels the problem is quite invisible (only a little audio stutter in 5.1 channels), viewing HD channels is more visible (video stutter and also audio get lost for 1 or 2 secs).

I am using DVBViewer 3.8 in single seat mode, in overlay. I tried in VMR7/9 and trying also to switch timeshifting off but the problem is still there.

Where can I look to debug my problem?

Thank you,

Christian

Pleas no Crossposting!

Hi Tjod,

crossposting is when you send the same message twice or more in different threads or groups....

In this case I wrote about my problem in General section hoping to get help from other DVBViewer users four days ago.

Now, since it seems that no other users had same problem, I wrote in bug reports to ask DVBViewer Team help on resolving my problem.

However, if you think that this post can appear only in one section, pls move it to bug reports....

Thank you,

Christian

>_<

Ok, thank you Tjod.

As you can read in my post the problem is not only with HDTV but is general (HDTV group is also in german and I don't speak german).

I did not notice this problem with other softwares using same codecs and drivers, this is why I think that help is needed.

I will open a bug with support information attached later. If it is not a DVBViewer bug could be that someone will help me to understand where to look for.

Christian

Edited by chrispazz