working dvb-s2 cards

satnerd

Hi

I can't find a list of tested/working dvb-s2 cards for DVBViewer (I might be blind...?)

Today I'm using the hauppauge hvr-4000 card in win xp (with their win xp mce drivers) and the latest DVBViewer.

And with the latest transedit I can scan in the dvb-s2 8psk channels. (HD channels found on Thor on 1west)

But I would like to know if there are any list of compatible dvb-s2 (mpeg4, h.264, 8psk) cards other than this hvr4000 card working with DVBViewer.

(both with and without a CI)

On a side note it would also be nice if they also happends to work nice in Linux too.

Linux? The DVBViewer is only for windows. :)

Yes, hence the "side note".

The main question was regarding other working cards capable of handling dvb-s2 in mpeg4/h.264 with 8psk aka the HD channels on Thor on 1west.

And on that matter - working with DVBViewer on windows xp.

Sorry if my first post wasn't clear enough.

I have the Satelo Easywatch DVB-S2 card using the latest KNC1 beta drivers, the card works fine, not had much sucess with DisEqc or the CI, diseqc could be the switch / cable I am using, as AFAIK it should be OK as I will be moving house soon I haven't put any effort in to testing out these items further and just run a single lnb so don't need diseqc.

My HTPC is dual boot as I was going to play with mythtv, the Satelco / KNC1 / Technotrend cards have all been reported to work with patched version of the v4l drivers although when I load the drivers the satelco cards (I have the DVB-T as well) are not being detected I have seen a few others with this problem too so the linux route is not a cake walk where DVBViewer has worked really well for me!