Arrange Channels and more questions

djcad

I'm new to DVBViewer and it's really a great program.

I have some newbie questions.

Can I arrange the channels in an order that I like or Do i do that with Favorites?

I'm using the MCE remote control and pressing channel up and down just do the channel list.

Can I choose which TVcard to record from? I have 2 tvcards.

Can i get the OSD and HTPC menu in another language then english?

Anyone know where to find the TVlogos for the Swedish channels?

Thanks in advance

You can arrange the channels the way you like. Just use the integrated channel editor.

If you want to do a new scan, you can do that into a new root folder and will keep your old channel ordering in the old folder. >_<

you can set one TVCard to be preffered. If not all your cards, can recieve all your channels, you can use groups to restrict them. Just add the channels to different groups and enalbe/disable them on the diffrent dvb-devices.

yes, OSD will change language, just as the rest of the menues does, if you select another language file.. it's possible that some language files are outdated.

Thanks for the answers

Got one more question.

How can I choose that every channel is shown in 16:9

As it is now the show in 4:3 and when aspect ratio is set to 16:9, I have to set that everytime i change channel, sometimes they show the right aspect if I enter the htpc menu and then exit

Does this have somethin to do with the setting autodetect video format?

you could use AR "none", that should fill your screen, no matter what material. >_<

You should try to untick "autodetect video format", because it's only necessary for a few decoders and causes longer channel switch times.

Edited by Moses
you could use AR "none", that should fill your screen, no matter what material. ;)

You should try to untick "autodetect video format", because it's only necessary for a few decoders and causes longer channel switch times.

Ok, I'll try that.

I use a dvb-c and my tvnetwork has local channels, is there anyway to get them instead of another citys local channel?

Hi, I have just registered and installed DVBViewer 3.8 which seems to be really good.

I have reordered my channels like I wanted to, but, the first channel in the list has the number 0, and I want the number 1 in order to have the same channel number as usual.

Where can I change the channel number ?

I use a dvb-c and my tvnetwork has local channels, is there anyway to get them instead of another citys local channel?

Are there different channels with the different city names in their name? Then just select the right one... if not, I don't think that it's possible to change anything with DVBViewer and that will be the responsibility of your cable provider. Maybe try a search, when there should be city specific material (for example regional news) on the channels.

I have reordered my channels like I wanted to, but, the first channel in the list has the number 0, and I want the number 1 in order to have the same channel number as usual.

Where can I change the channel number ?

Not possible, no discussion (there where many). Some work arrounds, if you realy can't get used to the new numbers (and one more channel you can select with one keystroke!):

Copy channel 0, so it will be channel 0 and 1 or put something useless to channel 1.

Edited by Moses