Questions regarding standby.

Bjur

I have installed Scheduler, but I have not been able to get it to work properly.

1. I have set the limitblankpassword, but from standby it still won't get pass the user login screen.

Have ticked use task scheduler in DVBViewer options. In execute as, should I write: computername\username or only username and leave the password field empty? Should I also do a execute as i the scheduler for it to work?

2. If I add a recording in DVB and close the program I can see the task in the scheduler if I press update, but the entry is unticked. Should I always manually tick each?

3. When I close DVB after adding a recording, the scheduler restarts DVB but there is no picture. I manually have to tune a channel to get a picture. How can i solve that?

Is the right choice Task Scheduler or recording service. And what will my advantages be.

Hope someone can help:) Thanks in advance.

Have version 3.8 of DVB and 2.1 scheduler.

Edited by Bjur
computername\username
is right

but from standby it still won't get pass the user login screen.
In the engergy options, you will find an entry like "Ask for password after resume". That will help to pass the login screen. ;)

if I press update, but the entry is unticked.
If you run scheduler.exe manually started, You have to choose the option "When DVBViewer Closes". You will find more about the options in the manual.

the scheduler restarts DVB but there is no picture.
Thats right. untick the option "Restart DVBViewer without tuning last channel".
is right

In the engergy options, you will find an entry like "Ask for password after resume". That will help to pass the login screen. ;)

If you run scheduler.exe manually started, You have to choose the option "When DVBViewer Closes". You will find more about the options in the manual.

Thats right. untick the option "Restart DVBViewer without tuning last channel".

Thanks for the answer.

I have now ticked ask for password in energy settings.

I run a bat file where scheduler starts, when computer starts and have already when DVBViewer closes ticked.

My problem is now, that it won't let me go into standby after a scheduled recording in DVBViewer. But otherwise there is no problem getting it in standby. What's the problem.

to use Standby, you must close DVBViewer.

If you want to go to Standby after a recording, you should set the action after a recording to Standby instead of nothing.

Yes, but had already closed DVBViewer.

Have added a recording in DVBV, closed it and pressed standby, but nothing happened. After reboot I tried without adding a recording, and there was NP.

to use Standby, you must close DVBViewer.

If you want to go to Standby after a recording, you should set the action after a recording to Standby instead of nothing.

I have pasted my settings and I'm hoping you could please look at them and see if anything is wrong.

In the middle on Danish the ask for password after leaving standby. It's unticked. That's right?

Have the execute in both the scheduler and DVBViewer settings.

Still when I add a recording in DVBViewer and close it afterwards, I can't go start ---> shutdown ---> standby. Notthing happens.

Hope you can help:)

Edited by Bjur
I have pasted my settings and I'm hoping you could please look at them and see if anything is wrong.

In the middle on Danish the ask for password after leaving standby. It's unticked. That's right?

Have the execute in both the scheduler and DVBViewer settings.

Still when I add a recording in DVBViewer and close it afterwards, I can't go start ---> shutdown ---> standby. Notthing happens.

Hope you can help:)

Can anyone help please?

Is the process DVBViewer.exe or scheduler.exe available in Windows Task-Manager? (STRG+Alt+Entf)

Is DVBViewer automatically closing after you go to Start/Shutdown/Standby, when Scheduler is running in the tray and the option "Close on standby/hibernate" is checked??