Extremely jerky slow motion video 3fps, crackling audio...

Samurai

I have a dual boot system (Vista / Win XP MCE). In Vista I use the standard MS Media Center and I can receive DVB-T without problems.

I Installed DVBViewer Pro V3.8.0.0 in the Win XP MCE partition and was able to tune the channels without problems. Signal strength is around 100%. EPG info is received correctly.

The video is extremely jerky, looks like 3 fps slow motion with big jumps in time a few times per minute. Audio is ok except one big jerk once about every 15 sec.

I can do recording. The playback seems to have all the video ok but audio is very crackling. I have tried to change various basic settings (like video renderers and video decoders) but without success.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot further?

Device Manager reports TV card as Hauppauge WinTV 88x DVB-T Hybrid Tuner/Demod. Driver is Hauppauge 2.119.25023.0 (23.1.2007).

Mainboard is Fujitsu-Siemens D2470-A1.

Graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce 7650 GS, driver NVIDIA 9.1.4.7 (11.8.2006)

support.zip

You decoders are not useable. if you have install a dvd software player (cyberlink is good) and set in options/directX the decoders explecitly.

BTW this is not a bug but a typical beginners error.

You decoders are not useable. if you have install a dvd software player (cyberlink is good) and set in options/directX the decoders explecitly.

BTW this is not a bug but a typical beginners error.

Thanks for the info. Actually I was suspecting that I was missing something obvious. That's the reason I posted my question first to the newbies forum. But since I got no reply from there I decided to rephrase my problem here.

I downloaded and installed PowerDVD 7 trial version and the problems were gone.

However I'm a bit surprised... Already before installing PowerDVD I had several decoders to choose in the options/DirectX menu: ffdshow, three decoders from Nero and one from Pinnacle. None of them worked.

After installing PowerDVD I (naturally) got one more decoder to choose (the cyberlink one) BUT now also ALL THE OTHER decoders work correctly as well! And if I uninstall PowerDVD, the other decoders stop working.

Is there a logical explanation to this phenomenon? If I use the TV application that came with my TV card I have no problems even without PowerDVD. Is DVBViewer somehow bundled together with PowerDVD...?

Is DVBViewer somehow bundled together with PowerDVD...?

Nope. It's just one of the best, if not the best, DirectShow Decoder for Live-TV.

It's very likely that your TV Application has their own Decoders, but doesn't let other applications use them through directshow. So DVBViewer can't benefit from them.