Channels found but no sound/picture

Dark Helmet

Hi,

I recently purchased DVBViewer, and it's great! however:

Some of the channels I scanned for, appear on my channel list, but when I switch to the desired channel, I get no picture/sound. On some channels though, I get choppy sound, but no picture. This is really annoying, as this is the only thing keeping me from discarding Vista MCE at my favourite application.

Intresting info: On one of the transponder lists (called Telenor on my system), I have no problem receiving the channels, that have the "encrypted channel" avatar, but when I try to watch a channel marked as not encrypted/free, the above mentioned problem occur. INFO: All channels are distributed to me via cable, unencrypted/free, so I don't know why the encrypted avatar appears.

Also, I have some channels on the 5000 symbolrate, but I can't seem to find anything, no matter what type of scan, I'm using.

Could somebody please help. I enclose the support.zip file. Below is my sytem setup listed:

ASUS M2A-VM HDMI

2x 1g Kingston Value Ram

Samsung Spinpoint 500GB HDD

FloppyDTV-C with Vista 64 BDA drivers (beta, downloaded from Digital Everywheres website)

DVBViewer version 3.8.0.0

Video Decoder: PowerDVD

Audio Decoder: AC3Filter

support.zip

Hi,

I recently purchased DVBViewer, and it's great! however:

Some of the channels I scanned for, appear on my channel list, but when I switch to the desired channel, I get no picture/sound. On some channels though, I get choppy sound, but no picture. This is really annoying, as this is the only thing keeping me from discarding Vista MCE at my favourite application.

Intresting info: On one of the transponder lists (called Telenor on my system), I have no problem receiving the channels, that have the "encrypted channel" avatar, but when I try to watch a channel marked as not encrypted/free, the above mentioned problem occur. INFO: All channels are distributed to me via cable, unencrypted/free, so I don't know why the encrypted avatar appears.

Also, I have some channels on the 5000 symbolrate, but I can't seem to find anything, no matter what type of scan, I'm using.

Could somebody please help. I enclose the support.zip file. Below is my sytem setup listed:

ASUS M2A-VM HDMI

2x 1g Kingston Value Ram

Samsung Spinpoint 500GB HDD

FloppyDTV-C with Vista 64 BDA drivers (beta, downloaded from Digital Everywheres website)

DVBViewer version 3.8.0.0

Video Decoder: PowerDVD

Audio Decoder: AC3Filter

Beacuse you using vista i would suggest using the microsoft mpeg-1/DD Audio decoder,

works like a charm for me, as i couldnt manage to get 5.1 sound with AC3 filter.

Thanks for the reply.

However, I don't think, AC3Filter is the problem, as I get 5.1 channel surround from the other channels, that has picture/sound.

I read somewhere, that somebody had problems with the pushsource.ax file - could this be the origin of my problem as well??

(what is pushsource.ax anyway???)

• 4 weeks later...
^^BUMP^^

Can't anybody help???

First of all, please check, how DVBViewer has detected the channels "Video PID" and "Audio PID" (in Channel/Channel Editor... menu).

Then, google it to find correct ones, and compare/edit them if needed.

Edited by smv1210