New EPG2HTML TV Guide

Guest hackbart

I made some special tv newspaper lookalike EPG Guide. I suppose if you use it on a lot channels it will confuse you, but with only a few of them it looks great B)

If you have some comments and suggestions feel free to post ...

Christian

htmlEPG.zip

Hui what for new colors ??? No orange?

Looks realy nice! The only problem is if i scroll down i cant see which tv-station is in which column. Can you integrate the tv station in every time like: "Pro7/20:00 Nachrichten" ?

Steffen

Guest hackbart

no problem, just edit the style sheet - i tried to adapt a html generator which can be found somewhere at http://members.liwest.at/firebird/ or so. This one had the same look and feel, but i will definitively change the colors tomorrow (now i'm a bit tired).

I'm not sure if it is that more "useful" than the old version - so please add comments B)

Christian

Guest Michael

looks nice... but it has some design errors.... in my html epg sat1 is 10 times more space than the other programs.... and some vertical stripes are missing in the tables !?

Would you make it as plugin or as several *.exe? It would be nice if we can reach this from the DVBViewer menu. I dont want make a shortcut on my desktop for this.

Steffen

Guest hackbart

my plan is to add a seperate plugin, which allows to assemble your tv guide in this way:

1. you select all required channels from a list

2. the plugin is updating the epg (tuning the transponders and retrieving the data)

3. it creates the html and offers also some small html preview window..

Christian

is anybody else experiencing download problems?

On left-click, a new windows shows up, reading

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again.

You are not logged in, you may log in below

and: yes, I am logged in :blush:

is anybody else experiencing download problems?

Same... all the uploaded files are concernded (I've just tried it with a file in another thread).

All the servers are getting too hot - my email account doesn't work either.

Griga

Guest hackbart

should run fine again - as you might know i've updated the forum but forgot to restore several paths...

Christian

:blush:

PS: I will upload a new epg2html tool later this day

Hackbart, well done. This view of EPG data is very helpful! o:)

But, I'm missing some stations :blush:

My Channel list looks like this:

0 ARD

1 ZDF

2 SAT1

11 Phoenix

12 Eurosport

13 DSF

14 WDR

In the HTML ZDF, Eurosport, DSF are missing. There is just no column for them. Although I'm sure EPG data of ZDF and Eurosport are saved. I can view epg data of them, when I start DVBViewer with Sat1.

For DSF there is really no EPG data saved.

You can only see this data if you have tuned this station before you saved the EPG.

Steffen

Guest hackbart

i've uploaded (members section) a seperate tool which allows to assemble your own list. E.g. if you just want to have such a guide for ARD, ZDF, Pro7, Sat1 you only drop the channels into a list and the guide is generated using this list.

Christian

• 9 months later...
Guest hackbart

kein Problem ;)

also das Programm dient dazu die EPG Daten in eine HTML Programmzeitschrift zu konvertieren. Da ich allerdings seit DVBViewer Version 2.0 ein paar Änderungen in der Struktur der EPG Dateien vorgenommen habe und in der nächsten Version die Daten gänzlich komprimiert werden müsste man die aktuelle Version des Konverters nochmal laden.

Die Handhabung ist denkbar einfach. Die gewünschten Sender für das EPG müssen in der linken Liste in das rechte Fenster gezogen werden. Danach braucht man nur noch auf den "Compile" Knopf zu drücken und das EPG wird abgespeichert...

Christian

• 2 months later...

Hi, i'm an happy registered user of DVBViewer and love it. At the same time, i made a EPG program for HispaDVB, a free software for Nexus-s card.

You can see info at www.nyunet.com

I want to take EPG data from DVBViewer to feed my nEPG program and make a new version for DVBViewer.

Is there an example in Delphi that works as a plugin and retrieve EPG data?

I checked the SDK but didn't find a example for EPG data.

Thanks

Guest hackbart

i bet you mean something like this :bye:

Inside the current DVBViewer version you are able to have this inside the epg window and via OSD. I forgot to add the manual color function, but this will be inside the next release.

Also the upcoming Technisat Edition will become such an EPG stylish extra Program (thats the program seen inside the screenshot)

Christian

post-23-1093980392_thumb.jpg

Guest Lars_MQ

The upcoming osdTimeline version will also have channellogos and color customizing and it will show the running TV-picture in a small area in the upper right corner of the screen :bye:

lars

the upcoming Technisat Edition will become such an EPG
nice to hear ... if the TechniSat verson gets other features from full version it would be nice if you let us know ... :D

Please squander some time for such informations for us supporter ... :bye:

• 5 months later...

Does the EPG2HTML Converter still work with the latest DVBViewer 2.3 beta?

Not sure what is supposed to happen. I drag some channels to the right window and click the last button in the toolbar to save htm file? I just get an empty htm file. DVBViewer is running on the same transponder that I'm saving EPG from.