Overlay type OSD over a VMR video

zeflash

Would it be possible to display the OSD "overlay type" even when using VMR output?

On nvidia systems, the VMR fix has to be checked to prevent the quarter picture problem; doing this stretches the whole OSD so bad it's pretty useless. Furthermore when zooming in the picture to fill up the screen, the OSD is also zoomed in, resulting in not seeing it anymore. And the 16/9 screen aspect ratio is not taking in account, so I'm always getting a 4/3 OSD even when using a 16/9 OSD skin.

I understand the OSD in VMR is sent to the output on another pin and alphablended on the video by the driver; If I'm not mistaken, in Overlay mode it's not done the same way, and the OSD is displayed over the video overlay, right?

If we could have the OSD shown the same way over VMR, it would be perfect; I get smooth playback in VMR, and I get useable OSD too. I don't care too much about the fact it won't be transparent anymore.

post-14501-1188985063_thumb.jpg