cannot erase favorites

miro111hrzg

Another problem with version 3.8.0.0 , namely, when I wanted to erase all German channels from the favorites list , (I used this method):

channel list->options->edit favs->favourites editor table, i choosed "delete the selected entry" on each channel, and then save

, they dissaperaed, but later, when I entered DVBViewer again- they would still in table.

Do you know about this problem?

Edited by miro111hrzg

OK it is a little bug in the DVBViewer. If you delt all favorites the favourites.xml in the config folder will be delt. But if a config file exists in the DVBViewer folder but not in the configfolder it will be copped.

Just delt the favourites.bak and favourites.xml in the DVBViewer folder than it should work.

OK it is a little bug in the DVBViewer.

That's not a bug. It's meant to be that way.

this will happen with most config files. If you don't want this you'll have to delete the base file in the DVBViewer folder. Or simply drop one fav into the list, so it is not empty...

But in for example if i delt all channels a empty channels.dat will be saved in the config folder and so the channel list is empty after restate.

The little problem is that the favourites.xml is delt if you delt all favorites in "Edit Fav." and not a empty favourites.xml is saved.

It's not a bug, it's the price we have to pay for not using windows conform datahandling. and allowing the user changing the usermode to his or her liking.

On the other hand, if we would use windows conform datahandling say bye bye to the instance handling and multiple instances...

I think the empty channels.dat is only saved for transedit, so it does find one.

ok it's not so important for the main program work, however, if idea of the programmer was to delete favs through the program, it would be nice to fix that error in future versions.

well you see, if you put new programmes immediately after deletition of those germans, they will be saved.

Which means, there must be something saved in favorites. otherwise you will see saved/integrated from before :mellow:

--

and,

There is something more I mentioned before on this forum but I can't check it in this version because situation is now different, who knows, maybe you already fixed that bug.

And that is;

let's say we have stored channel HRT1 in channel list provided by two operators(and two different frequencies ofcourse).

we are watching HRT1 on provider1 because we have better picture, now we want to record something and we click record, DVBViewer would start recording but it will switch to HRT1 on provider2 because of unknown reason.

I don't know why he is doing this.

Edited by miro111hrzg