No picture or sound in DVBViewer

kennyvader

Hello

I previously had DVBViewer 3.8.0.0 working fine on Vista but recently had to reinstall Vista from scratch. Since then I can't get DVBViewer to work at all. I just get a blank screen and no sound, and scanning for channels detects around 16 "freeview" digital terrestrial TV channels instead of the 50 or so it should find. The PC has not been moved and no aerial cabling etc has been touched.

I have two individual Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T PCI cards, I think one may have on-board PVR functionality, one doesn't, anyway they both show up in Windows Device Manager and DVBViewer as Hauppauge WinTV 88x DVB-T Tuner cards.

The Hauppauge WinTV2000 application works fine and finds and displays all the channels one would expect.

I have installed

- Windows Vista x32

- Hauppauge driver pack 3.4 (latest on site)

- ATI display drivers 7.8 (latest on site) for the X1300 video card

- Cyberlink PowerDVD 7 and selected this as the MPEG decoder

.. and very little else to be honest as this is a clean install.

Did I miss some installation out?

As I say the hardware combination has not changed and worked fine before. All that has changed is maybe the Hauppauge and ATI driver versions, and perhaps I missed something out that DVBViewer requires?

Grateful for any help ...

support.zip

• 3 weeks later...
Most likely a decoder <-> vista problem.

It seems that DVBViewer doesn't find any channels. During the channel scan, the PAT / PMT / SDT "lights" turn yellow/red as they always did, and the Signal bar moves up to 70-100% on each frequency, but it remains on "0 program(s) found".

As I say the Hauppauge supplied software finds 65+ digital channels fine.

Where should I start looking?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kenny,

I am having the same problem (See august 9, under the newbee section). I think the Hauppauge is not supported byDVB viewer.

DVBViewer installs fine, and chooses the hauppauge. But when I want to scan the channels, nothing happens. If i run the application it gives me the "no hardware availble" popup. I tried just about every setting in the install screen....not one works.

I just gave up on this forum, and excepted my 15€ loss; can't be bothered anymore. First time I actually bought software because I really thought it was worth it. DVBViewer seems really capable, but just doesn't work with Hauppauge.

I installed Nero Home the other day, and it works fine with the hauppauge. also the WIN 2000, and Home Cinema do the job without asking a lot of questions first at installation. I would love to throw them away and install the DVBViewer........but untill that works, I am stuck to them.

I use still windows XP by the way.

Good luck!

JayKay

• 4 weeks later...

Sad to say that 3.9.0 doesn't seem to work on Vista either.

The Hauppauge card I use is actually in the Supported Cards list on this site.

Shame, DVBViewer was once a market leader and I used to recommend it, these days I'm forced to tell people not to buy it, mainly because of the total lack of support.

Sad to say that 3.9.0 doesn't seem to work on Vista either.

The Hauppauge card I use is actually in the Supported Cards list on this site.

Shame, DVBViewer was once a market leader and I used to recommend it, these days I'm forced to tell people not to buy it, mainly because of the total lack of support.

Moses, wake up and smell the roses.

Could it be something special about the Hauppauge? I am having the same issues with the software while t detects the hardware, it fails to find aby station :idiot:

WinTV has no issues (OK it is from Hauppauge but what about Nero, GB-PVR? These fine programs are able to find stations without having the user read Moses's thesis on Transedit.

Moses, can you please help us -- any thoughts?

Thanks.

For a successful scan the DVBViewer needs a correct transponder list (ini). Your wintv application must have this information, but how should we know? It's similar to a nav system in a car. Without the maps you're lost :idiot: DVB-T in particular has different tuning spaces for almost each country.