Brand New Skystar 2 - help

venom22

Hello, i'm kinda new to this.

I'm trying to watch free to view channels on DVBViewer, all i'm getting a singal strength but no video/audio showing. so i know it locked some how. i been contact to techisat, they think it coz of EOL (Europe Online). It's a brand new card and never been open, so how it could be locked by EOL?? the EOL is not install on my PC.

I'm just trying to get my card work. anyone have any idea?

it would be nice if you all could help me out.

Thank for your time.

Regards

Venom

Guest Oliver

There's a patch to unlock the card, but if it's another problem, the card can be permanently damaged/locked when using it.

You could also post some more information: Which version of the DVBViewer do you use, the operation system...and post your Setup.ini from the DVBViewer main folder as attachment. And what exactly is your signal strenght?

Bye, Oliver

free to view channels
I think you mean Free too Air channels. :blush:

If your card is locked you get a signal, but you cant look any channel! If you have no signal, you have an other problem.

If you have installed the original drivers from techniSat i think your card is not locked.

Maybe you have some trouble with diseqc or a switch ? You are direct connected to the LNB? Have you tested this (exactly this) cable with an other reciver?

The lock option is the last one which i would try to solve. Mostly the people locked their card with this patch.

There are a lot of other reasons for problems: IRQ conflicts, IP address conflict, bad installed drivers, old graphikdrivers, old chipset drivers and so on....

Have you tested the connection with setup4pc? Have you made a channelscan (you can also do this with setup4pc)?

Steffen

Guest Oliver
I have a skystar2 rev 2.6 card ... do you think this could be the issue?

No, that's very unlikely.

I think I have the same problem:

But "Setup4pc" seems to find some channels.

Then your card is definitely not locked. Which channels have been found?

Bye, Oliver

Guest Michael
I think I have the same problem:

But "Setup4pc" seems to find some channels.

I have a skystar2 rev 2.6 card ... do you think this could be the issue?

maybe you are finding some channels in lowband .... if yes then you need some digital lnb.... cause then you will probably have only some analog one..