Purevideo H264 DXVA

ramonchin

Has anyone find a good working video codec using DXVA for h264 video? I've tried last Cyberlink, nero and elecard codecs (DXVA enabled)... and video is very slow, a lot of dropped frames. If I unchek DXVA, it plays almost fine but using a lot of CPU.

I have a nvidia 7950GT with last drivers.

Any solution?

Has anyone find a good working video codec using DXVA for h264 video? I've tried last Cyberlink, nero and elecard codecs (DXVA enabled)... and video is very slow, a lot of dropped frames. If I unchek DXVA, it plays almost fine but using a lot of CPU.

I have a nvidia 7950GT with last drivers.

Any solution?

All those codecs are not so that good in DVB application(Picture quality, stability). May be due to the various formats they have to deal with.

Although there is no DXVA support(expected soon) CoreAVC is by far better and CPU is pretty acceptable.

DVB community in majority come to that conclusion.

Cheers

Hi,

your GPU has not a very good h264 support build in so enabling dxva does not help very much.

Ralf

So nvidia lied me... 7950GT was said "It's perfect for 1080p H264"

On the other hand, when is CoreAVC "hardware enabled" expected?

Edited by ramonchin
So nvidia lied me... 7950GT was said "It's perfect for 1080p H264"

Come on... nVIDIA did not make a secret about what's being done within hardware and what is not.

PureVideo HD H.264 Decode

On the other hand, when is CoreAVC "hardware enabled" expected?

Don't wait for that. CoreCodec people are still struggling with their DRM stuff...

CyberLink is the only decoder that seems to reliably support H.264 acceleration.

Edited by CiNcH
Don't wait for that. CoreCodec people are still struggling with their DRM stuff...

CyberLink is the only decoder that seems to reliably support H.264 acceleration.

Cyberlink support very few h264 profiles... Doesn't it?

Are nvidia cards working in full screen (vmr) under vista?

I've got 7950GT and I'm thinking about migration to Vista... Under XP only Overlay is working fine... But you know, unnatural colours. :h

Is Vista 64bits better than 32bits one for a HTPC+DVBViewer system?

Edited by ramonchin