Not able to access menys in Desktop mode

faminoff

Hi,

I tried different modes and view settings and managed to set the desktop mode with all menys, status bars and toolsbars hidden. I can not even access the onscreen meny. Thus I can not change any settings!!!

What should I do???

BR,

Dosse

Hello,

OSD -> htpcHome -> theSettings -> Unlock HTPC-Mode

now you can select the HTPC Mode in Options -> General back to the left.

If you not use a different Mode. The DVBViewer will go after a restart again in the Fullscreen mode. ;)

:)

Sorry, ESC just Quits DVBViewer.

Enter shows a "Video recorder" Play-Stop-Frw-Rew etc meny.

I have pressed every key on the keybord to try to show the OSD or something else through which I could access the settings, but not found any key or combination so far.

I guess I have to reinstall the system.

then why did you have to play around with this stuff? :)

Yes, why: Because I had a problem to get my remote control to work if the DVBViewer window was not the active window. By keeping the toolbar visible this was solved but at the same time I lost the pop up meny for play back of movies that shows when you move the mouse over the bottom part of the DVBViewer window.

I tried to get this meny back trying different settings.

Hello,

The reinstallation didn't help, shit!
the configuration folder is not deleted. :D

Sorry, ESC just Quits DVBViewer.

Enter shows a "Video recorder" Play-Stop-Frw-Rew etc meny.

? :)

OK. Go in installation folder and read the file usermode.ini

Is the entry

UserMode=0 you find the setup.xml in installation folder

UserMode=1 you find you setup.xml in C:\Dokuments and Settings\Username\Applicationdata\CMUV\DVBViewer

UserMode=2 your setup.xml is in C:\Dokuments and Settings\All User\Applicationdata\CMUV\DVBViewer

With this informations you find you current setup.xml

You can now open the setup.xml with notepad and editing the settings from Mode 4 or different to 0, like this.

- <settings>
- <section name="General">
<entry name="HTPCMode">0</entry>

save the file. And start DVBViewer again.

Now you can use DVBViewer in window mode and go to Options -> Input and search "OSD Menu" and learn a ney key.

;)

Hi,

I tried different modes and view settings and managed to set the desktop mode with all menys, status bars and toolsbars hidden. I can not even access the onscreen meny. Thus I can not change any settings!!!

What should I do???

BR,

Dosse

Maybe press 'O' for Options?

OK. Go in installation folder and read the file usermode.ini

Is the entry

UserMode=2 your setup.xml is in C:\Dokuments and Settings\All User\Applicationdata\CMUV\DVBViewer

With this informations you find you current setup.xml

You can now open the setup.xml with notepad and editing the settings from Mode 4 or different to 0, like this.

Now you can use DVBViewer in window mode and go to Options -> Input and search "OSD Menu" and learn a ney key.

Thank you very much!

I have Windows Vista but did find the setup.xml file by searching.

Maybe you could tell me why the Controlbar Popup only pops up in windowed mode but not in fullscreen mode?

Also I wonder why the remote control doesn't work if not the DVBViewer window is active???

And last but not least, I can't manage to set my TV monitor to the secondary display and show the DVBViewer window in that display. It only shows a picture in the primary display.

BR

Dosse