About tuner settings/priorities

HD.

So if someone could help a little bit. I have one twin-tuner card and one card with CI.

How should the state be set for proper functionality? How are the priorities handled?

Now the settings are that "Cinergy 2400i DT Tuner 1" is set as preferred and "Cinergy 2400i DT Tuner 2" and "DTV-DVBT 878 Digital Tuner"(the one with CI) are set as normal.

Every now and then happens that DVBViewer reserves the tuner with CI for recording. Recorded channel is not encrypted. It causes that i cannot watch any encrypted channel from a different mux until the recording is done.

So is there any way to prevent the CI-tuner from getting reserved for non-encrypted channel?

This only happens once-a-week or so, not often but still a bit annoying..

There is one thing that you have to take in account: Once a device is in use, DVBViewer will stick to it, if possible, in order to avoid hardware / driver initialization / deallocation, because it is time consuming and sometimes critical - the initialization / deallocation of device A may interfere with the activities of device B. There are cases like that.

If you are watching an encrypted channel, and you switch over to a free channel, DVBViewer will still use the CI device. And if a scheduled recording of a channel starts, that is located on the same transponder as the played (free) channel (two channels in one data stream), the CI device will be occupied twice. See what I mean?

Here is how this sticking to a device can be avoided:

- Set all free channels to channel group A

- Set all encrypted channels to group B

- Go to Options -> Hardware

- Allow the CI-less devices to receive channel group A only

- Allow the CI device to receive group B only

...thus forcing DVBViewer to use a CI-less device, when you are switching over from an encrypted to a free channel.