New card, new problem

Mika Takala

hello again.

I changed my non-working technotrend Budget C-1500 to Terratec Cinergy C-1200.

Windows 2000, P3 800MHz, latest Terratec driver (should I also try some other driver?)

Problem:

Transedit finds channels ONLY when Use standard Interface -checkbox is unchecked. DVBViewer GE finds channels also with that disabled, and I can view recorded files just fine. Sadly, GE doesn't have video streaming with remote channel changing. DVBViewer Pro doesn't find any channels, as the standard interface -options isn't there.

Yet, this card is marked as supported on the DVBViewer.com -> Features -page.

Question: Can I get this card to work with DVBViewer pro, or should I return this card? My goal was to achieve this streaming capability - if I won't achieve it with this card, I will request my money back for DVBViewer also.

Going to attach supportool output soon.

--

Mika Takala

DVBViewer Pro doesn't find any channels, as the standard interface -options isn't there.

The latest DVBViewer Pro Beta (see members area, beta section) provides it on options -> hardware. It's called "new tuning method", and compared to DVBViewer GE/TransEdit the checkbox works just the other way round, otherwise it would have been too easy... :radscorpion:

You wont see anything at all. First install some suitable Video and audio decoders.

Those files are from the P3 800Mhz machine - and I intend to use only streaming.

I can record a file with GE version (and also with transedit) and then play them on my desktop computer, which has codecs installed, and the output is fine. The Problem is that DVBViewer Pro doesn't find any channels because Transedit and GE version require the use standard interface -checkbox to be unchecked - and that option isn't available in Pro.

Edited by Mika Takala
The latest DVBViewer Pro Beta (see members area, beta section) provides it on options -> hardware. It's called "new tuning method", and compared to DVBViewer GE/TransEdit the checkbox works just the other way round, otherwise it would have been too easy... :radscorpion:

Oh, will try to wiggle that just now.

Oh, will try to wiggle that just now.

And it worked.

Thanks you Griga for the hint about the checkbox having to be the other way around :radscorpion:

Now I have streaming setup working here - now I still have to test if the card (reception quality etc.) is good enough.

I'm happy to report that reception quality is above expectations - about 10 discontinueties in an hour, which is not perfect, but quite acceptable.

It is also nice that I can leave dvbserver ON at the server machine and then launch DVBViewer on the server to use it as PVR, and start to playback the file with VLC player / DVBViewer pro on the client whenever I want (via shared network drive) - and after closing DVBViewer on the server, dvbserver (which has been running without clients) would resume working when the first new client connects.

What if I had 2 identical cards - would DVBserver/viewer -combination make a decision on which cards they would use? Could I set on the server that DVBViewer (running on the server as a PVR) would use card 1 as preferred and Server (for live playback on clients computer) would use card 2 as preferred - in another words, do they have hardware settings of their own or do they use a shared setting?