Can you listen to FM radio with DVBviewer?

faminoff

Hi,

I have an Asus My Cinema-P7131 Hybrid card (Digital & Analog).

Would it be possible to listen to FM radio with the DVBViewer with this card?

If so, how do I set up the FM channels in DVBViewer?

BR

Dosse

Thank you.

I guess the name DVBViewer is not describing the product fully because the V stands for Video, however you can also listen to Digital Broadcasted Radio with the DVBViewer. So the right name should be DV&RBviewer&Listener.

Moreover you can listen to music, DVDs and look at pictures with DVBViewer. So the only thing in the name that applies to all is that it's Digital.

I guess however, it wouldn't be much of a problem to add analogue radio to the possibilities of DVBViewer???

It would be really nice if you could replace your whole stereo + video equipment with DVBViewer!

I guess however, it wouldn't be much of a problem to add analogue radio to the possibilities of DVBViewer???

Wrong guess. Very complicated, it will never happen. Did you ever try to play a vinyl record with a cd player?

Well it's not quite like that :) When capturing analog signal on a PC, the signals are converted to digital. There are other sources that can be played by the DVBViewer (e.g. iptv), not only DVB.

No, you can't play vinyls on a cd player, but you can connect a turntable to an amplifier or a pc :jawdrop:

MY point was proving the "not complicated" part wrong.

No, you can't play vinyls on a cd player, but you can connect a turntable to an amplifier or a pc

And your point is? He should put a fm-radio besides his computer?